Chapter 7

"Artemis! Missie! Girl" she groaned, she was being rudely shaken awake. She opened her eyes. "What? What is it?" She asked groggily swatting Minho's hand away. "What is wrong with you, Minho?" She asked "I should actually be asking you that." He gestured at her. She looked down and saw that she was draped over the seat of a proper wooden chair she moved off and groaned, her neck hurt. "You build that?" He asked pointing to the chair. She nodded, "What do you think?"

"Pretty good. But why did you even..."

"It's a long story. What time is it?" She stood up and stretched.

"Sunrise, we're just about to leave." He jerked his head in the direction of the maze. "Oh, well, good luck, then" she said patting his shoulder then walk in away. "Baby, I'm too fabulous to need luck" Minho called before running to a maze door. Artemis bumped into someone and fell onto her but. "Watch where you going, sunk." Gally. She got up "I finished your chair." They looked at each other for a while. "Have a good morning." She said finally before striding away. "Hey Newt!" She said walking up to the boy, "Morning, Missie" he turned to her and stared. "Morning Missie, still outshining the sun, I see" she blinked, "Did you say...."

"What?" Newt  asked. She shook her head. "Got any jobs for me?" She asked leaning on her toes. "Matter of fact, Missie, I do".

                                                                                                                         **********************************************

Artemis' hand slipped off the plant and she fell backwards. Zart walked up behind her, trying but failing to hide his amusement. "Zart, the weeds won't come out." He chuckled and held out a spade "You could try, you know, digging them." He said, she blushed and took the spade. A boy ran up to them, drenched in sweat. "Where's Newt?" He asked "In the Homestead, what's wrong?"

"The... Runners...attacked...injured."

"What!?" Artemis dipped the spade and ran, she found them easily since they were surrounded by a crowd, Minho was on the ground clutching a very bloody leg. "Where're the med-jacks?" She asked "Maze... Others got really badly hurt" Minho breathed. "Minho you're badly hurt! Doesn't anyone know what to do?" All the boys looked confused and lost. Then Artemis felt something she couldn't remember feeling since she woke up in the box. A feeling of familiar certainty. She knelt down next to Minho, "Someone go and get me a first-aid kit from then Med-jacks room" no one moved "NOW!" That seemed to put them into action. "Minho, let me see your leg. She rolled up his pants and saw a very thick, deep gash from his knee to his ankle, it was bleeding badly she grabbed the box from Chuck. And opened it to grab a warm damp cloth she wiped at the wound, but it just kept bleeding, she dug in the box and found some salt "This is going to hurt, Minho." She sprinkled the salt on the wound and rubbed it in with the bloody cloth. Minho groaned between his clenched teeth. Artemis took  bandage roll and wrapped Minho's leg. "Carry him to the infirmary, I'll finish up there. Quick" she didn't have to ask twice. Four boys got forward to pick Minho up. Just then, Alby and two other boys came out of the maze carrying a bloody figure, Artemis felt an sinking feeling in her stomach she ran over and recognized blood matted blonde hair. "Newt!" She screamed. "I don't think... He's not breathing..." Alby groaned.
For @jamie12340987 and @havawolf.
Please vot