Chapter 19

Guys! Don't kill me! I'm not at home, I'm sleeping at a strange place for a strange reason. There is no network so I couldn't update. Whatever. It's no excuse. This is short, very short, verrrrrry short, but I wanted to post before my team practices our presentation. I'm sorry guys!

"This is insane." Newt had been learning against the wall. Now, he pushed away from it and began pacing around the room.

"Yeah, but you gotta admit, it's just insane enough to be legit." Minho, as laid back as ever, sat back in his seat and crossed his arms.

"Newt," Artemis said, pacing after him, "Newt, I can do this. I know I can.  You just need to let me-"

"Missie it's a lot more bloody complicated than that. I can't just-"

"But you can, Newt, you can" Artemis caught his arm.

"Newt, I can kill the Grievers, kill them. That's what I'm supposed to do. The creators wanted this. The bow and arrow, why else would they send it. Think about it Newt."

The boy scowled. His long, blonde hair was thoroughly tousled due to his continuous urge to run his hands through it. He glanced at Minho, who shrugged as if to say, 'what're you gonna do?'.

"Guys," said Thomas who'd only been allowed in on this mini-meeting on Artemis' request.

"You were going to let me be a runner! This isn't that different!" Missie protested cutting Thomas off.

"Missie that's different because-"

"Because what? Newt?" Missie was exasperated

Thomas tried again, "Newt maybe you shouldn't-" but was again ignored.

"Because you'd be with Minho, Artemis!" Newt exclaimed.

"Do that." Thomas finished

The room was quiet for a while.

Missie spoke in a calm quiet tone, "You don't...think I can." It was a statement.

Newt shook his head, "No, Missie-"

"Aren't you supposed to make a vote? This is a big decision after all. Ain't that how it goes? Minho?" She didn't take her eyes off of Newt as she addressed the boy.

"Yeah?" He sounded confused.

"Fine, you guys will vote."Artemis turned on her heel and marched out, she paused at the door, "Oh, Newt? Even you can't deny that majority does make a great impact on the decision."

"Missie what are you-?" Newt sounded confused but Artemis was already out the door.

She didn't get peeved over much, but underestimate her? Tell her she can't do something? Then you've released the challenge beast. Artemis was never one to pass up an opportunity to prove that she can.
Guys I'll try update later today! This is unacceptable, really. You don't gotta comment. I'm so sorry guys.