19 || confrontation

alexa, play don't you know by jaymes young 

18+ warning - graphic smut

DAY 19

        James let out a lengthy sigh as he stared at his broken mirror across the room. 

        He found himself staring at it quite often, feeling an unusual connection to the object. It was shattered, just how James felt sometimes, and when he looked at his reflection - all he could see were a bunch of fragmented pieces. He and the mirror were one and the same. 

        He especially felt destroyed on this particular morning, how could he not? James had spent most of the night listening to Amelia's gut-wrenching sobs echo down the hallway. Eventually her cries dissipated, leaving him with the loud silence that followed after. The sound of her crying was not one he ever wanted to hear again. 

        James had felt sick to his stomach all night - what kind of monster pushes someone down and lets them get hurt the way she did? And then does absolutely nothing to help? The grimace was quick to form on his face at the thought. 

       A few soft knocks on his door frame ripped his attention away from disliking himself in his mind to the sight of Amelia standing in his doorway. James' breath caught in his throat as he surveyed the dainty, short dress she was wearing along with a fuzzy, pink cardigan over it. Her dark hair was made up of kinky curls, pulled back from her face into a low bun, exposing her smooth neck. Her bandage wrapped hand fell loosely by her side. Although it was obvious that she had been crying all night, she was still as beautiful as ever. 

        "We need to talk," she asserted confidently, her chin noticeably pointed upward as she seemed to have gained her conviction back. 

         Amelia's self-assuredness sent swarms of electric flutters throughout his stomach as he swallowed the lump that was forming in his throat, slightly distracted by her tanned legs. "About?" 

        "This," she held up her bandaged hand irritably, fuming now, as her tiny nostrils flared out. " This isn't okay." 

        Bucky's eyes flashed to the ground as she showed him another reminder of how fucked up he was. 

        "I know you think it's probably what is best, but you can't keep hurting everyone around you," Amelia snapped at him, her golden, puffy eyes narrowing. "We are only trying to help you and you repay us by treating us like garbage."