Jonathan Pine

Y/n had been staying at Hotel Ceaser for two months...her final week quicky approaching. She had enjoyed her time here and in all honesty she didn't to leave. New York had offered her all it could and a chance of adventure was calling her now more than ever, knowing she would have to return to a job she hated.

"Another Coffee Miss y/n?" Jonathan, the hotels night manager asked as he approached with a cup in hand. Y/n looked up from her computer with a smile and nodded eagerly.

"You read my mind Mr Pine! I was just about to come over!" He smiled as he handed the cup to her. By this point he knew exactly how to make her coffee so she would enjoy it, he had made it every night he was on shift since she came to the hotel so her order became hard to forget. "I'm about to have my break but if you need anything, please don't fret to ask!"

"Hey, if you don't want to be lonley, you could join me" she said with a friendly smile. Jonathan nodded and pulled out the chair before sitting down."arent you eating anything?" He shook his head.

"I tend not to eat on a night shift, i'll have breakfast around 5:30 but that's it." Y/n nodded her head showing she was listening. "I hope you don't mind me asking, but what do you do for work?"

"I don't mind you asking at all! I have two jobs! My full time job is a customer service operator in New York. My part time job is a photographer. I'm currently doing my part time job now! That's why i've been staying here, i'm working on a film set about 30 minutes from here and i'm taking photos for promotion shots and things like that!"

"I noticed from your booking, you will be leaving next week?" Jonathan asked, a soft sadness to his voice.

"Yep! Back to my boring desk job! I wish i could do photography full time but it just wouldn't cover the rent. I'd have to leave New York!" Y/n stated as she looked saddly into the distance. "Maybe one day!"

well if the hotel is ever in need of a website update, i'll be sure to be in touch" y/n smiled at his kind words and thanked him before taking a sip of her coffee. "I'm actually off for four nights after tonight so if you would like some company during one of your many nights awake, here's my number. I can be here within the hour" Jonathan handed her a card which she gladly accepted before he stood up and made his leave.

A few nights had passed and y/n sat on her bed, looking intently at the card in her hands. Just dial the phone she said to herself a few times before finally plucking up the courage and letting it ring.

"Hello, Jonathan Pine speaking!"

"Hey Jonathan, it's y/n. I was just wondering if you're free to come hang out tonight?" Hang out....how old was they 15?

"Oh hello y/n, what a pleasent suprise! Yes i would love to...hang out..."he said mocking her words. "I'll be there for around 7?" Y/n looked up at the clock. It was 5pm now so that gave her two hours to sort her self out.

"Sounds good! You know my room number!" She hung up the phone and quickly hopped in the shower before drying her hair and putting some light make up on. Jonathan arrived bang on 7 with a bottle of wine in hand. Y/n stepped aside and let him in and joined him on the sofa.

"Shall we order another bottle?" Jonathan asked as they finished the last drops of the wine he brought. Y/n smiled and nodded, so Jonathan took that as his cue to order room service.

5 bottles in and it's far to say y/n and Jonathan were very drunk! They both tripped over one another after Jonathan had pulled her up to dance, leaving them lying on the bed.

"MR PINE! A lady should be asked if her gentlemen friend can join her in her bed!" Y/n looked shocked, faking an old British accent.

"I am awfully sorry Miss y/n! Do forgive my rudeness and intrusion. Would it be ok if one joined you on the bed?" Jonathan mocked back, using the same failed accent.

"If you insist!" They both laughed and quickyl fell into a comfortable silence, staring at each other.

"Stay!" Jonathan said out of the blue as y/n stared at him.

"This is my hotel room, i should be telling you to stay!" Jonathan laughed, shaking his head

"I mean stay here...in Cairo...with me! We could get a little house together, you could start a photography buisness. You'd get loads of work!"  For a second y/n didn't say anthing, just turned and faced the ceiling.

"I don't really know you enough to move my entire life over here Jonathan!" Her drunkess slowly wearing off as the situation turned serious. 

"Then get to know me! Hand in your notice, i'll put some holidays in and come to New York, we can spend some time together and then if you think it will be a good idea then i'll help you pack and we can start a life here!" Jonathan smiled at her. "I know you don't really know me but we have spent so many nights together, talking and laughing. I would hate to let you go without seeing if things between us could escalate into something beautiful!"

"This is the wine talking!" Jonathan shook his head.

"No! I've been thinking about it since our talk the other day. I think we could really be something. I think moving here will set you on the right path to do photography full time and get paid double what you would in New York!" Y/n looked at him, seeing how serious he was about it.

"I think this is the most craziest thing i will ever do...but ok..let's do it!"

"Really?" He sat up in suprise.

"Really really"