Butterflies (Tom)

"Y/n, do you like my new drawing?" My client ran to me, her drawing extended in her arms. I smiled and took it from her, acting amazed at her wonderful picture of a stick man with a balloon.

"Wow Lexi, that's awesome! Shall we add it to the wall?" I asked ad she nodded with pride. I handed her some blue tac and lifted her up so she could place it on her own.

"Another great drawing added! Now lets go grab some snacks and start on your homework before the next show!" We sat down and lexi pulled out her homework book and began her work.

"Y/n?" I heard someone shout my name from outside the door and welcomed them in. "Y/n, thank god you didn't go out for lunch today!" My best friend Hannah walked in with her headset on. Hannah was a big part of the stage crew which is how i got this job of looking after the kids who played Ebony in the show.

"It's homework day so no leaving the threatre today! What's up?" I stood to talk to Hannah as Lexi carried on with her maths "you look worried, is everything ok?"

"Emily, Clare and Abbie are all of sick!"

"All of them?" I asked shocked. She nodded.

"I need a favour!"

"Anything!" I said with a sure tone.

"I need you to go on as Ebonys mother!" I felt my heart drop as Hannah finished her sentence.

"Anything but that!" I said shocked, moving away from her.

"Y/N please! Look none of the other cast have time to change between scenes, plus none of them have worked with Lexi so it will be hard to show a connection. We have spoken to Tom and he's happy to do it if it means the show will go on. Its a 5 minute scene which i know you know because you have watched it from the wings all 50 shows. Please, i am begging you!" I took a deep breath in and looked to Hannah.

"Fine but if it goes wrong, i don't want to be blamed!" Hannah smiled wide and hugged me before ringing someone on the phone.

"She said yes...right...yes...of course...i'll let her know...ok thanks!"  She hung up and turned her attention back to me "right, i'll. be back to collect you in 30 minutes to run the scene with Tom and Lexi!" I nodded and sat down as she left. I felt my stomach turn at the thought of going on stage tonight but i had agreed to it now so there was no going back! The 30 minutes went by so slow but eventually Hannah came to collect me and Lexi and took us to our positions on stage. I could see Tom talking to the director about something before heading in our direction, a wide smile on his face.

"Y/n! Lovely to see you. You nervous?" I nodded with a shy smile "you'll be fine, we will get you through it!" He said,prodding lexis stomach who let out a small laugh and squeal.

"I'm sure you will!" He went to his position acros the stage and the director quickly ran me through where i needed to go and handed me a script for if it was needed.

"Ok, let's run from the top of the scene!" I took in a deep breath and got myself into character.

"Daddy!" Lexi ran into Toms open arms as i held back, letting him have his moment with his daughter "look what me and mummy made!" She said holding up her hands which usually holds a drawing of her, Tom and one of the wives. Tom smiled and picked her up, spinning round with her in his arms. He stopped and looked to me, walking towards me with Lexi still in his arms.

"And how's my Queen?" He asked with a smile as he kissed my head.

"I'm perfect. A little tired but it's worthit to see the smile on our Princesses face!" I said, squeezing Lexis cheeks. "Now i think it's someones bed time!"

"Can i watch tv for a little while in bed!" Lexi asked looking in between us.

"Come on then! 30 minutes and then daddy will come turn it off and tuck you in!" Tom hugged her and kissed her cheek and we walked off stage. Tom carried on the scene and i entered again as Tom poured us both a Whiskey which was actually just apple juice. He handed me one as we sat down on the sofa.

"You are a wonderful mother!" I smiled at Tom as he placed his arm behind me. "We are both so lucky to have you!"

"I'm the lucky one! A beautiful daughter and an extremely handsome husband!" We both fell silent for a second before Tom leant into me, our lips connecting shortly after. He pulled me onto his lap, my legs at either side of his. Our kiss deepening. Tom pulled away for a second.

"What if Elizabeth comes in?" He asked breathless.

"She has The Wynx club on, she's distracted until further notice!" I pulled Tom back into me as he lifted my tshirt off, his lips going to the centre of my breasts.

"And cut!" Tom handed me back my tshirt and i climbed off him, pulling my shirt over my head. "Brilliant, i don't think you looked at the script at all! It's hard to believe you arent the actress we cast, you two have brilliant chemistry, it looks so natural!" We both thanked the director for their comments and everyone went about their normal business again.

"Hey y/n" tom shouted to me as i walked off stage. "Thank you for stepping in! Alot of my friends and family are in tonight so i was really worried when i thought the show would be cancelled. You're my guardian angel!" I felt myself blush as Tom kissed my cheek. "Have you let your friends know you will be performing tonight?" He asked as we started to walk back stage!

"All my friends live too far away! Hannah will be watching from backstage so that's someone i guess!" Tom nodded. "Anyway, Lexi has homework to complete before call time so i will have to bid you farewell! See you on stage hubby!" Tom chuckled and said goobye before walking to his dressing room.

The three alternatives ended up been off for 7 days so i had stepped in for all those days. Sarah who played the 1st cover ended up leaving the show and i was offered her job. I went on to perform for another 40 shows before the run eventually ended 1 1/2 years later. Everyone went onto their next jobs in their careers, including me and Tom...but our careers became been full time parents to a beautiful one month old baby girl named Ebony Hiddleston.