Airport Chase (Tom)

"Ok perfect, now Jamie, if you could put your hand over lesley in a protective manner and look into the distance with a determined look on your face..." i shouted to the two actors who were in the studio with me. We had been taking photos for the last 3 hours, he directors list demanded alot. It didn't really bother me because the longer i was here, the more i got paid but the two actors were getting fed up, probably wanting to act instead of been stood posing.

"Ok take 20 minutes, then we have a few more shots on the list from the director then you'll be good to go!" They thanked me and headed out the door.

"Busy?" My room mate asked as he walked into the studio.

"Hey Tom, what are you doing here?"

"Had a break from filming so thought i'd come drop you off a coffee, i remember you saying it was going to be a long shoot." He handed me the starbucks cup and pulled up a box to sit on. I took a sip and instantly smiled. "How long?"

"3 hours in, probably 1 more to go then i need to get straight home and edit them all for a 48 hour turn over! Oh hey, i need to talk to you about something tonight!" Tom looked at me puzzled.

"Can we not talk now?" I shook my head no. "Ok no worries, i'll be back around 7!" He stood up, kissed my cheek and headed out the door back towards filming. How could i tell him i was leaving in 3 weeks! He kept asking if we wanted to extend our contract but i couldn't face telling him. 8 months he's been my room mate, he's the person that makes me feel so comfortable and i'm scared to tell him i'm leaving!

The actors came back in and 40 minutes later we were done! Early finish i guess.

"Thanks for been so patient with us. Not the best to photograph." They shook my hand and smiled at me with an apologetic look.

"Hey don't worry about it! The photos look great and you are both very photogenic which makes me job alot easier!" They both thanked me again and walked out. I headed home, started editing and made some food while waiting for Tom who walked in the door at 9pm.

"Hey sorry, filming ran over. How was the rest of the session?"

"Pretty good! Finished 20 minutes early so extra editing time. Got 100 photos edited! Got the other 150 to do tomorow!"

"4 hours and you only got 250 photos?"

"Well, some were messed up or, awkward or just weren't what the director was looking for so i deleted them. Probably about 270 photos deleted. Hows filming?" Tom grabbed a drink and sat down.

"Good! Got two more weeks left filming and then start filming for THOR Raganarok!"

"You excited to Loki it up again?" Tom smiled and looked to his lap.

"I really am, i've missed him!" We both paused until Tom strated speaking again. "So...whats this talk about?" Oh fuck...

"Well...erm...i got a job offer to work for a big company, great wage and benefits. Guaranteed work!"

"That's amazing y/n...i'm so proud of you!" Tom pulled me into a hug and held me there!

"Tom, it's in Australia...i move out there in 3 weeks!" I felt him tense and then pull back from me. Tears in his eyes.

"What? 3 weeks! And you're just telling me this now! What the fuck y/n!" He raised his voice and stood up, moving away from me. "You're leaving me! Have i done something wrong?" I shook my head.

"No Tom, you've been an amazing room mate! This is just a huge opportunity to me and i can't say no! I wish i could stay here with you and work here but i can't. It's just not affordable for the jobs i manage to scrape up."