Chapter 02

"Ahsoka!" I called after her, finding her walking alongside a clone trooper in blue painted armour on an empty path. "Where is Master Skywalker?" I questioned when I caught up to the pair, Ahsoka supposed to be with her master.

"Back with the others. He sent me and Rex here to scout out the enemy" she cheered with excitement that brought a small smile to my face. How could the Jedi council allow a child of her age and training join the war?

"I'm Master Kenobis Padawan, Lyra Jayko" I introduced myself to the clone trooper, falling into step beside them and looking ahead.

"Captain Rex" he nodded, looking down at me with a faint smile before looking ahead again, helmet secured under his arm.

"Have you thought about moving that line back, Captain? They'd have better cover that way." I suggested as we all continued to walk ahead, surveying the area of the battlefield.

"Thanks for the suggestion, but General Skywalker thinks they're fine where they are." He shut down the idea, I nodded in understanding that he had to follow orders from General Skywalker and that I was in no position to oppose a Generals decision either.

"So, if you're a captain and I'm a Jedi then, technically, I outrank you, right?" Ahsoka questioned with a smirk.

"Ahsoka, that's not very nice" I scolded her, but he brushed it off calmly.

"It's fine" he told me. "In my book, experience outranks everything." He replied to the young child.

"Well, if experience outranks everything, I guess I better start getting some." She smiled happily before pausing at the sight ahead. "What's that?"

"Not good." I answered, a sternness falling over my tone.

"They've got an energy shield. That's gonna make things damn near impossible." Rex started. "If you wanted experience, little one it looks like you're about to get plenty."

"We have to report this to the Generals" I spun on my heel before marching back to the group at a quicker pace, the other two right beside me.

~~~

"The shield generator is somewhere in this area. They're slowly increasing the diameter, and keeping it just ahead of their troops." Kenobi pointed to the Holomap as we all stood around to observe the scans.

"Heavy cannons are gonna be useless against that." Rex sighed.

"As they get closer, I suppose we could try to draw them into the buildings. That might level the playing field a bit." My new Master continued to plan as I stood beside Ahsoka and Rex, watching and thinking.

"If that shield's gonna be such a problem, why don't we just take it out?" Ahsoka questioned as if it was the obvious answer.

"Easier said than done." Rex commented as I nodded in agreement.

"Well, I, for one, agree with her. Someone has to get to that shield generator and destroy it. That's the key." Anakin backed up his new Padawan.

"Right, then. Maybe you two can tiptoe through the enemy lines and solve this particular problem together." Obi Wan suggested to the pair.

"Can do, Master Kenobi" the young girl agreed quickly.

"I'll decide what we do." Anakin spoke up to her.

"If Rex, Lyra and I can engage them here you two might have a chance to get
through their lines undetected, here." Obi Wan points out.

"They won't have much time, the droids far outnumber us so our ability to street fight is limited without the use of heavy cannons. They will march forward under the protection of their shield. until they are right on top of our cannons, then they'll blow them away." Rex explained the flaw in the plan. I looked closely at the map as they continued to discuss a plan.