Chapter 87

"Tech, I'm with the General. Hone in on my signal." Hunter reported back to us after a few minutes of us waiting.

"Let's move men!" I called out as I lead the way back onto the ship. Tech flew us to where Hunter was waiting where we had ran out again and joined him, over looking the village that had Skywalker captured.

"That creature still has a hold of the General." Hunter reported to us as we arrived. Rex looked through his specs to see the situation below.

"We're going in, but remember what the General said. 'No casualties, disarm only.'" Rex reminded them of my orders earlier.

"We're on it, Captain. Wrecker, Crosshair, rockslide!" Hunter gave them their orders. Wrecker started to push a Boulder, crashing it through the village as we slid in behind it. The men started shooting to disarm while Crosshair stayed back as sniper. He shot a taser at the leg of the creature, releasing Anakin as it flew off in pain. Anakin swiftly rolled out of the way of the Boulder that came crashing through, barely missing him. We had them surrounded at blaster point when they began to speak an unknown language."Tech, translate what he said." Hunter ordered the genius.

"He says he does not want our war on his planet. That is why he took our leader." Tech translated for the rest of us.

"We didn't bring the war here. It was Wat Tambor and the Separatists." Anakin said as Tech translated back to them.

"Tell him we apologize for what's happened." I started.

"But tell him the enemy is holding one of our men prisoner in Purkoll. As soon as we rescue him, we'll leave his planet, for good." Rex cut in after.

"The chief says he will provide us with scouts and lead us to Tambor's city. From there, we're on our own." Tech translated the chiefs words back again.

"Any help is better than no help." Anakin shrugged.

"You might need this" I handed off his lightsaber while we prepared to leave again.

"Thanks"

"And next time, try not to lose it"

"You really do sound like Obi Wan" Anakin said with a smile at how similar I was to our former master.

~~~

The natives walked with us up a large cliff, pointing towards the city ahead before walking back down on their own and leaving us to figure out where to go from here.

"Hope nobody's scared of heights." Anakin looked back at the men after seeing how high up everything was in the city.

"Well, I'm not scared of nothing." Wrecker started as Crosshair and Hunter looked to him. "I just... When I'm up real high, I got a problem with gravity."

"Speaking of problems, I am no longer picking up Echo's signal." Tech claimed casually.

"I... I don't understand. You said it was coming from this city." Rex pointed out, worry seeping into his tone.

"I can only speculate, but it is possible there's a latency issue with the frequency
caused by all these atmospheric disturbances."

"Or... maybe they sent the signal to lure us into a trap. And maybe your friend's actually dead. Well, I can't be the only one thinking of that." Hunter claimed calmly as Rex grew upset at the thought.

"Look, every mission could be a trap. This one is no different. I'm telling you that signal is being sent by Echo himself! He's alive!" Rex had determination flooding his words.

"I think you're letting your personal feelings get in the way because you left him for dead at the Citadel." Crosshair told him. Anakin and I looked to each other, knowing this wouldn't end well.