Chapter 37

"As you are aware, the Citadel is their most isolated and impenetrable detention facility. No one has ever escaped." Plo Koon began the explanation of the mission ahead, dread filling the room of Jedi.

"There's a first time for everything." Anakin spoke up with confidence.

"Indeed there is." Kenobi said from beside me.

"Their security has prevented our probes from obtaining recent reconnaissance, so we've been forced to construct a crude map based upon data from the archives." Master Koon showed us a holo map of the building that I had put together from the information I researched.

"And since the data is extremely old, the map will be difficult to rely on." Kenobi continued.

"So we're essentially going in blind." Anakin nodded.

"Beg your pardon, General, but how do we know Master Piell is still alive?" Rex asked over hologram as his two ARC troopers stood behind him.

"The Separatists won't dare kill Master Piell until they have what they need." Obi Wan stated with slight hope that he was right.

"He obtained the coordinates of a secret hyperspace lane known as the Nexus Route which travels into the heart of both the Republic and Separatist homeworlds." Koon continued.

"They could prove vital in maneuvering our forces deep into remote Separatist sectors." Obi Wan told us.

"Or the enemy could use them to slip through our defenses and attack Coruscant." Anakin added the risks and dangers of our possible failure.

"These hyperspace lanes are of immense interest to both our sides, and could tip the scale of the war to whomever is in possession of them. That is all." Plo Koon finished the explanation.

"Walk with us Lyra" Obi Wan started out into the hall as everyone else had filed out at the end of the meeting.

"Yes Master" I walked with the three other Generals.

"Based on the archive schematics, we've narrowed it down to three possible locations they could be holding him at." Plo Koon started to talk as we walked out and down the hallway of the Jedi temple.

"My greatest concern is infiltrating their outer security. The life-form scanners will not be easy to fool." I finally spoke up with my concerns for the mission.

"I've got a thought about that." Anakin smirked.

"Oh no" I sighed.

"This is a dangerous mission Lyra but I trust you to complete the task" Master Kenobi told me with a reassuring hand on my shoulder, still caring for me as if I was still his Padawan.

"Master! I'm sorry I'm late. I just heard about the briefing. We're going to rescue Master Piell, right?" Ahsoka ran up to us and we all paused to look at the Togruta.

"You two have much to discuss." Master Koon nodded as we smiled back at the duo before continuing our walk down the hall. "This is your first big mission as a General, Lyra, how are you feeling?"

"I must admit I am a bit nervous, but it's reassuring to know Kenobi and Skywalker will be with us"

~~~

"We're trusting those droids to get us into the Citadel?" Fives asked from beside Echo as they watched R2-D2 command a group of old battle droids that had been reprogrammed.

"It's the only way. We're flying right into the heart of Separatist territory. Droids won't be detected." Cody explained the reasoning behind this choice.

"He's right" I joined the group of troopers. "We need to take every precaution" we looked back over to see Anakin sassing one of the battle droids and I stifled a laugh.