Chapter 11

"Ahsoka, Lyra, I found the last bomb."

"Stay there, I'll get the bomb squad." I instructed to the Senator, running down the corridors with the young Togruta by my side. "We have an emergency, Senator Amidala has found the last bomb" I slid into the room with the bomb squad in a hurry.

"You heard her, we gotta move!" Ahsoka shouted at the men, urging them to follow. The next few moment went by quickly. We ran down the dark halls into Padmés last location where she held a bomb carefully in her gentle hands.

"Here" she gently handed it over to the bomb squad as they set to work.

"Are you okay Senator?" Ahsoka stood next to the woman while we all stood back and watched the team work on defusing the bomb. Padmé gave a small nod but everyone tensely stood beside each other in anticipation for what would happen in the next few moments.

"Deactivated. Plenty of time to spare." The bomb squad member reported, cutting the last bomb at the last possible second.

"Plenty of..." Jar Jar faints.

"Ahsoka, are you there?" Anakin's voice sounded through coms after a moment of silence.

"I'm here, Master. The bomb has been deactivated. Did you find Vindi?"

"Deactivated as well. Have you seen Padmé?"

"She's right next to me. I'm okay too, thanks for asking." Ahsoka sassed back.

"Good, start the clean up. Obi Wan and I are going to take Dr Vindi to a prison where he belongs." Anakin sneered darkly.

"On it Skyguy" Ahsoka responded before we exited the room and went to secure the rest of the base.

"Stay with him" I pointed a trooper towards Jar Jar who was still passed out on the ground. The group was less tense than before as we all moved to the regular securing of a base once captured. The familiar routine making me feel at ease momentarily.

After an hour of securing the base and alarm sounded out and I let out a sigh beside Ahsoka. 

"Looks like we have to get back to work" I looked down to her tiredly.

"We never get any rest" she sighed with a slight smirk. The smirk was wiped off her face quickly as an explosion rocks the base. "Lyra?" She looked to me with worried eyes this time.

"Captain what's going on?" I stepped up to Rex, taking on a stern command over the situation below Naboo.

"Virus leak. Get to the safe room. Come on!" Rex ordered the team around us in the corridor. Looking over my shoulder I took note of the blue gas chasing after us at a fast speed. 

"Let's go!" I urged, taking off running with the others as doors around us closed shut tightly to contain the leak.

"There's the safe room! No chance!" A clone shouted as we neared it, doors closing and gas speeding after us.

"Hurry! The doors are closing!" Rex shouted to his men.

"Don't worry." I held the doors open with the force, stopping my running. "Ahsoka a little help!"

"Get inside Captain!" She told him while helping to hold the doors open. He climbed through with the others, attempting to keep it open for us.

"Hurry!" Rex called out. We both nodded to each other, dropping our arms, running and diving through the slit in the door, making it inside at the last possible moment.

"Ahsoka what is going on down there?" Anakin demanded answers from his Padawan while I checked on the group who had made it into the room.

"The droids released the virus, but we managed to seal the lab." The Togruta explained, looking around at the men who had raced into the room with us.