Chapter 23

"Anakin! Tal Merrik is the traitor, and he's taken Satine hostage." Kenobi told us over comm link while sprinting through the halls of the ship.

"Copy that, but I've got problems of my own right now." Anakin said through his teeth to keep quiet as we both made our way through the dark cargo hold, sabers lighting our path.

"Cody, Rex, have you found anything?" I asked the men through comms.

"All quiet over here, sir." Cody replied. Moments later we heard blasters firing from their location. Running to the scene, Anakin cut the droid on Cody while I cut one off Rex and R2-D2 zapped the last one off Rex.

"Thanks, little guy." Rex nodded to the droid. He looked up and me and nodded again in thanks, not needing to vocalize it.

"Well, we found the little ones. What about the mother?" Anakin asked, looking around from where he stood.

"Haven't seen it." Rex shook his head. Suddenly as if on cue the large droid tackled Rex to the ground. The trooper kicked it off of him and it began to scale the walls. Anakin threw his saber with the force to cut off the legs so that Rex could destroy it fully. Rex pinned it under his foot and shot at the head, destroying all of the droids inside as well.

"We should help Master Kenobi" I looked to Anakin when I spoke.

"Yes, let's go" he ran off, leaving me to follow after him. We turned a corner to find Obi Wan running towards us fast.

"Did you find them?" Obi Wan asked in a rush, panic evident in his voice.

"No, but I've stationed troopers at every escape pod." Anakin reported.

"Merrik will try to signal his allies for help. We have to find him." We all rushed to the lift with Kenobi's words.

"This may not be the time to ask, but were you and Satine ever..." Anakin began to ask as I shook my head while it hung low, knowing this was definitely not a good time.

"I don't see how that has any bearing on the situation at hand." Obi Wan snapped suddenly at his former Padawan. When we got off the lift there were troopers running towards what seemed to be an incoming danger.

"We'll take care of this, Obi-Wan. You, go find your girlfriend." Anakin and I ran off to help our men in the fight.

"Right. No, Anakin, she's not my..." my Master began to protest but sighed and ran off to save Satine instead of wasting his time arguing.

"Need some help?" I asked as I ran up behind Rex and Cody who were taking cover and shooting the droids.

"Yes sir" Cody looked up to me.

"Alright I'll cover you while you guys shoot down those droids" I explained the plan. With a curt nod I stood up and began using both of my sabers to deflect the attacks, green lights swinging around me gracefully while Cody and Rex stood behind me shooting down the droids. Moments later Anakin ran in and slayed the rest of the droid army dramatically.

"All done" Anakin proudly claimed. I pushed my hand out, knocking the last droid back before it could shoot Anakin from behind. "Thanks" he looked back at the droid then to me in shock that he had forgotten one and it almost shot him.

"We need to help Obi Wan" I prompted, racing down the hall to where he was last headed.

~~~

"Come on, then. Who will strike first and brand themselves a cold-blooded killer?" Merrik questioned the duo. Anakin and I snuck up behind him discreetly to not reveal our presence. Satine held the man at blaster point and Obi Wan stood ready with his saber, neither one making a move. A gasp left my mouth as Anakin impaled Merrill from behind with his saber. I quickly regained my composure and used the force to grab the detonator as it fell to the ground.