Chapter 33

"Lyra, our next mission just came in" Master Kenobi found me in the temple library, reading about the many species of creatures in the galaxy.

"What is it?" I questioned, standing up and collecting my study's, preparing to leave the calm, quiet environment of the library.

"The council wants us to investigate a message from an unknown region of the galaxy"

"Sound fun" I commented back with sarcasm.

"Oh it will be. Anakin and Ahsoka will be joining us" he explained as I followed him towards the hanger.

"Great" I sighed with a slight smile, happy to be working with friends, but knowing we would find some sort of trouble. I stepped up onto the shuttle, taking me seat next to Ahsoka.

"Ready to meet up with Rexter?" Ahsoka nudged me with a smirk.

"We are meeting up with Rex?" I looked to her, unknown to this information.

"Yeah, he is on a cruiser that will be giving us backup when we arrive." Anakin continued for his Padawan. I nodded silently, taking in the new information as Anakin guided the ship away from the hanger and towards the coordinates of the message.

~~~

"Rex. Rex, do you read me?" Anakin tried to contact his captain through holo transmission. "We're at the rendezvous point awaiting your arrival. Where are you?"

"Sir, we're at the rendezvous point and there's no sign of you on our scanners."Rex explained the situation from his blue hologram form before us.

"What?" I questioned with confusion.

"Oh, come on. That's impossible. Something's wrong. We're at the exact coordinates where the distress signal originated, but there's nothing here. Rex is at the exact same coordinates, and he's not here." Anakin looked between Obi Wan and his Captain.

"This is getting interesting." Obi Wan stroked his beard in thought like usual.

"Unable to find you. Where are you, sir?" Rex echoed through the cockpit, the connection cracking up.

"Something's blocking the signal." Ahsoka reported as she reached over and pressed a few buttons, trying to get the signal back before something bad happens. The lights suddenly shut off along with the rest of the power to the shuttle.

"Not good." I sighed.

"Everything's dead. Even the life support." Ahsoka explained the situation with wide panicked eyes.

"This is really strange." Anakin looked around with confusion before the power turned back on as suddenly as it had turned off.

"There. See? Nothing to be concerned about after all." Obi Wan shrugged off the strange feeling of the situation.

"Then what's that?" I pointed ahead to find a diamond shaped ship of sorts, floating in front of us.

"It's pulling us towards it." Ahsoka feared as we grew closer to it.

"Everyone, strap yourselves in. Looks as though we're going for a ride." Obi Wan shouted out his orders of warning. A bright light blinded all of us as the ship pulled us in.

With a slight groan I woke up again, looking around to check on the others.

"I must have blacked out." Anakin groaned as he sat up and opened his eyes, the rest of us waking up as well.

"Then who landed the shuttle?" I asked with confusion as I gained my senses again, shaking my head slightly to wake myself up a bit.

"Not me." Ahsoka woke up with her answer.