Chapter 77

Sitting in the temple garden I was meditating, taking in the peace of the place I had called home. My mind was debating everything I had been told. Was Barriss right? Was Ahsoka right in leaving the Jedi order? A small presence took a seat beside me, prompting me to crack my eyes open to see the wise Jedi Master.

"Hello,Master" I closed my eyes again as I noticed he began meditating too, both of us taking refuge through the force.

"Hello, Lyra," he gurgled back. "Clouded, your mind is," he noted.

"Yes, I have been thinking a lot"

"What about?"

"Since I was promoted to being a General I have learned the true actions of a war. As a child I was taught that we should never partake in fighting unless necessary and that we should be keepers of peace throughout the galaxy."

"Difficult it is, to accept loss. That is why attachments we never form" he started.

"Which is why all Jedi are taken from their family's at such a young age" I continued the thought.

"Wonder about your family you do?"

"Yes"

"Handmaiden, your mother was to queen Brea of Alderaan. A baker, your father was in the markets of Alderaan."

"I'm from Alderaan" I gasped, not having known this before.

"Yes" he stood again and walked off just as fast as he had come, leaving me with a new thought and a smile on my gentle face.

A vision of a woman and man flashed through my head. They held a small girl in their arms and sang a lullaby before the Jedi arrived at their door, taking the young girl away from the happy couple. My eyes shot open and I looked back to see the Jedi Master had already left me alone in the garden again.

"I'm from Alderaan" I repeated softly.

~~~

"General Jayko, can I speak with you?" Rex called me over as I walked around focusing on my data pad and the pile of work I had to do around the barracks. Looking up with confusion as to who had called my name my eyes landed on Rex nervously waving and Fives face palming from beside him.

"Yes, Rex?" I walked over to him and gave him my full attention.

"I uh- I just um- I wanted to let you know that the newest batch of rations came in today" he stuttered out nervously.

"Thank you, Captain, is that all?" I asked after checking one more thing off my list with ease. I looked back up as he didn't respond to see him staring down at me with a dazed look. "Captain?"

"Uh right, yes, sir. Sorry, sir" he had quickly replied, turning to walk off.

"What he means to say is that he would like to know if you need help with anything" Fives dragged his Captain back over and gave the offer himself as Rex had been too nervous.

"Well checking the supplies would go a lot faster with two of us"

"Great, Rex would love to help with that" Fives nudged him towards me.

"Great, let's go!" I cheered, leading the way to the storage room. "Here's your list just check off what we have and make a note next to what we don't have or are running low on '' he nodded in reply, taking the data pad we both set to work in silence.

"Finished" the Captain stated later.

"Same" I turned to face him, reaching out a hand to take the data pad back. "Ill go report this back to the Admiral" I gave him a smile before walking away again.