Chapter 86

The bad batch members got into position around the Cyber Center. Crosshair was set up on a hill with his sniper while the others moved in on the back of the base, Rex, Jesse and I ready to take on the front.

"Do you know what's going on?" One droid asked the other.

"Maybe it's another drill—" they were cut off by Rex and Jesse tackling them and shooting them quietly.

"Is everyone in position?" I asked through comms, walking out calmly to join the others.

"Affirmative." Hunter replied.

"Affirmative." Crosshair replied next.

"General, you wanted to know when those Separatist forces breached the outpost. Well, they're getting there just about now." Tech reported to me.

"Good, thanks for letting me know" I nodded, moving to take cover again with Rex who was urging me to follow him and Jesse while I was speaking. "I'm coming, I'm coming" I told him in a hushed tone, rushing after them.

"Put all droids on alert. An attack is coming." We overheard Admiral trench warn over holotransmission.

"An attack is coming? When—" the droid started to ask when his head was shot off suddenly. Rex threw a droid popper under the group of battle droids, electrocuting them while Crosshair sniped down some more to help us all out. We ran forward to where we had just taken out the group of droids and took cover behind the crates. I jumped up and began deflecting blasts as Jesse and Rex shot back.

"What the—"

I watched as a droid was crushed by Wrecker who had opened the front door for us, Hunter right beside him.

"Hey, where did you come from—"

We took this distraction as our chance to move out quickly and get into the base.

"What took you so long, Wrecker?" Rex jokingly asked, running towards the bad batch members who were giving us cover.

"Hey, this is a 'delicate operation.'" Wrecker reminded us of our words to describe the mission. "Better get in there, Cap." Wrecker told him as we looked to see tanks incoming.

"General, are you coming in?" Rex looked back at me before he raced inside.

"No, I have to help the men out here" I claimed strongly with determination. Rex knew not to argue with me once I had my mind made up.

"Go! We can handle this" Hunter told me sternly.

"Alright" I followed Rex inside as we found Tech hacking the systems.

"Okay, I'm in. What am I looking for?" Tech looked to us for answers as we ran in to meet him, Rex pulling off his helmet.

"Here's the algorithm. You're looking for a program using this sequence." Rex handed him a data chip. Tech plugged it into the computer and pressed a few buttons.

"Found it. This is strange. It's not a program. It's a live signal from another planet... Skako Minor." Tech explained with a sort of confusion.

"A live signal?" I looked to Rex with a similar confusion, wondering how that was possible.

"Here it is. This is audible."

"Patch me in. I want to hear it." Rex ordered eagerly.

"What is that? That sounds almost... almost human." Tech asked with confusion as we heard a sound playing from the data before us.

"It can't be." Rex gasped in realization. "Tech, find out who's sending that signal. Ask who that is." He ordered out as the base around us shook with explosions.