Chapter 42

"Your reputation precedes you, Generals. It is an honor to be serving you both." Rex stepped beside Krell as the ship left the planet.

"I find it very interesting, Captain, that you are able to recognize the value of honor,
for a clone."Krell commented snarkily. "And you will not be serving this child, she is only here because the council needed someone to babysit her" this line caught both Rex and I off guard as the captain looked to me in hurt for what Krell had said about me. "Stand at attention when I address you." Rex straightened up without a second thought along with his men. "Your flattery is duly noted, but it will not be rewarded. There's a reason my command is so effective, and it's because I do things by the book, and that includes protocol." Krell walked through the group of clones. "Have all platoons ready to move out immediately. That is all." The new General had walked off, leaving us to follow behind. Fives shot Rex a look, only receiving a sigh from the clone captain.

~~~

"Quicken that pace, battalion. This isn't some training course on Kamino." Krell led the men through the fog as I walked behind him, ahead of Rex and Fives.

"The new general has a way with words." Fives commented to his brother in a hushed tone.

"He's just trying to keep us on schedule." Rex reassured him.

"By raising everyone's ire?" Fives questioned back.

"Either way, he's in charge, and we've got a job to do. Just treat him with respect, and we'll all get along fine."

"I with it were that simple" I muttered.

"Hey Lyra!" Fives voice pulled me to turn and look back at the trooper. "How long have you been working alongside General Krell" he jogged slightly to catch up to me.

"I'm working under him more than anything, but I'd say about 12 rotations" I shrugged.

"Really?" He looked back at Rex.

"Yeah, nothing too exciting"

"Do you see that?" Fives pointed up at the sky suddenly as two creatures from the planet flew overhead. I quickly ignited my sabers, the green glow lighting the dark fog around us.

"Yeah. Ready your weapons." Rex ordered his men cautiously. They all aimed their blasters to shoot the winged creatures when in range, but two men were carried off by them. Krell had swiftly swung off one of the branches of a nearby tree and jumped onto the winged creature. He threw the clone to the ground roughly before stabbing the creature with his lightsabers. The second creature had come back, still holding the clone. When it dropped the clone I used the force and pushed it back into a tree, rendering it unconscious.

"Anyone else wanna stop and play with the animals?" Krell stomped on the one I had thrown back. "Didn't think so." He finished. "Now keep moving!" He started marching again. Everyone looked at each other in question as they were unsure about the new General.

"You heard him" I tried, but failed to sound in charge. "Let's go" I sighed leading them off to follow Krell once more into doom.

~~~

"So General, how does it feel to be in command of your own missions?" Rex questioned, walking alongside me.

"I wouldn't really know" I shrugged. "Other than my missions as a commander the only other ones I've been on were with Obi Wan, Ahsoka and Anakin or the mission to the Citadel" I explained further.

"But you've been working here with the 212th" he tried to seem positive.

"Yes, well General Krell seems to think I am too young to be in charge of anything"