Chapter 61

"Jayko, you and Skywalker will be sent to protect a queen as she has had multiple assassination attempts" Master Luminara explained the mission to me, standing on the cruiser that was taking me to my mission. "You will meet him in the palace" she instructed as he was already there and waiting.

"Yes, Master" I nodded before ending the transmission and leaving to get ready. Upon arrival at the hanger I stepped out to meet the Queen, Anakin, Rex and the palace guards.

"General Jayko, thank you for coming" the Queen greeted kindly with a nod.

"It's my duty" I reminded her with a bow of respect.

"Let's get back inside" a guard urged our group, knowing we shouldn't be outside too long with the threat still active. The group of us made our way to the throne room to discuss further.

"There have been several assassination attempts on the Queen" the guard started to tell us.

"Do you know any reason why? A bounty? A rival? Separatist?" I started listing ideas, already knowing about the assassination attempts.

"No, I'm afraid not" the Queen sighed as she couldn't give us useful information.

"We need to draw out the assassin" Anakin started thinking of a plan.

"That will put the queen in danger, I must protest" the head guard stood up to us.

"Let the Jedi speak" the Queen ordered sternly and he stepped back again.

"We need to hold a large event that everyone will know about, something very public" he continued his thoughts of a plan.

"Anakin, the Queens life is in danger and you want to help her by putting her in more danger?" I questioned his methods sceptically.

"No, we can't put the Queen in danger." He stated. I raised an eyebrow in question for where he was going with this. "We will use a decoy" Skywalker proudly suggested, remembering how Padmé used decoys when she was Queen of Naboo.

"And who will we be able to find that is willing to put themselves at risk and looks and acts like the Queen?" I pointed out a flaw in his plan. He looked between the Queen and I thinking deeply as he scanned our faces, both of us waiting and watching Anakin as he stared us down.

"Sir?" Rex questioned, knowing what Anakin was thinking.

"Don't you think Lyra looks a little bit like the Queen?" Anakin leaned towards his Captain.

"I guess so" Rex shrugged, seeing the resemblance.

"Lyra, how do you feel about being a Queen?" Anakin looked to me for my answer.

"Let's hope this works" I agreed reluctantly.

"Good. You will put together a large party or Gala to draw out the assassin. Queen Dinah, you will teach Lyra to act like you and help her get ready for the evening. We will keep the Queen in her quarters with guards around. I will also be protecting the queen in case something goes wrong" Anakin gave out orders to everyone, explaining the plan of action.

"Sir, what about Lyra? They will be trying to assassinate her if they think she is the Queen, shouldn't she have some protection too?" Rex voice his concern.

"That is where you come in. We will have a regular amount of guards around Lyra to keep her cover and you will be joining the guards, Rex. I'm sure Lyra can handle the assassin herself when the time comes" he looked to me as I nodded in reassurance, ready for a fight.

~~~

"How's it going in there Lyra?" Anakin questioned later as I was in the Queens quarters for her handmaidens to help me look like her and dress the part.