Chapter 92

"Anakin, Lyra, Rex, prepare all forces. We're jumping to hyperspace immediately." Obi Wan raced into the hangar as men ran around to their stations.

"Yes, sir." Rex replied, turning to the men. "Men, with me." He ran out with them.

"Watch it! Watch it! You heard him, lads! Let's go!" Clones scrambled around.

"So, the attack on Mandalore was approved?" Anakin turned to Obi Wan with hope.

"No, it's Coruscant. Grievous has attacked the capitol." Kenobi explained while I sighed at the new battle.

"What about the Chancellor?"  Anakin worried for a mentor of his.

"Shaak Ti has been sent to protect him, but Master Windu has lost contact with her. Not to worry. Our fleet can be there within the hour."

"So that's it? You're going to abandon Bo-Katan and her people?" Ahsoka crossed her arms at how they moved on from another problem.

"Ahsoka, surely you understand this is a pivotal moment in the Clone Wars. The heart of the Republic is under attack." Kenobi explained to her sternly.

"I understand that, as usual, you're playing politics. This is why the people have lost faith in the Jedi. I had too, until I was reminded of what the Order means to people who truly need us." Ahsoka said as I felt her understanding and kept quiet about the subject.

"Right now, people on Coruscant need us."

"No. The Chancellor needs you." Ahsoka countered.

"That's not fair." Kenobi said.

"I'm not trying to be." She snapped back coldly.

"I'll divide the 501st, make a new division under Ahsoka's command." Anakin gave an idea.

"Unfortunately, Ahsoka is no longer a part of the Grand Army of the Republic." Obi Wan reminded the flaw in Anakin's plan.

"I'll go with them," I offered up eagerly.

"Yes, and we'll promote Rex to commander and have him lead the new division with her. Ahsoka can go with them as an adviser. What do you say?" Anakin gave another idea.

"I accept. That is, if Obi-Wan agrees." Ahsoka turned to him for his answer.

"Very well." He told us both with a sigh of defeat. We give him small nods of thanks in return."May the Force be with you." He turned to walk out.

"May the force be with you master" I replied.

"Oh, one other thing: I killed Maul once. Best to capture him. He doesn't seem to stay dead." Obi Wan joked with truth behind his statement.

"Thanks for the support. As always." Ahsoka turned to her former master.

"That's what friends are for. If you're going to face Maul, you'll need these. I took care of them. They're good as new." He opened the box to show her her lightsabers. She smiled, picking them up and igniting them to find the green blades had been replaced to the colour blue. "Maybe a little better." He added with a smirk. "You capture Maul. I'll take care of Grievous. With any luck, this will all be over soon."

"Master Kenobi always said there's no such thing as luck." Ahsoka countered with a smirk while I shrugged knowing that was true about the Jedi master.

"Good thing I taught you otherwise." Anakin said. He moved to walk when she called back to him.

"Anakin! Good luck." He smiled back and left us.

"We will be moving with the siege of Mandalore" I explained to Rex after finding him in the midst of the chaos. "Anakin has split the 501st and you have been promoted to Commander, congratulations" I filled in the trooper as we met up with him by the gunships.