Chapter 49

"General! Are you alright?" Fives rushed to my side as he and Rex were helping the 212th Obi Wan and I on a mission.

"Yeah, I'm fine" I waved it off, wobbling slightly as we walked the terrain.

"You look a little pale, maybe you should sit down" he suggested again, noticing the pale colour on my face and the way I wobbled as I walked.

"No, we have to keep moving"

"General, you look sick"

"I told you I'm fine" I snapped back at him only to hold my head as I stumbled back but luckily Fives had caught me before I fell in the dirt.

"Yeah, fine" Fives sarcastically repeated my words, holding me up for a moment. "Sit down" he set me on the ground before calling out. "Captain, I need to speak to General Kenobi, Jayko is sick"

"What?" Rex immediately panicked, looking past his brother to see me sitting on the ground dizzily, holding my head. "General!" Rex called over as he rushed to the General.

"Yes, Captain" Kenobi nodded for him to continue.

"General Jayko, she's- I don't know- she's sick, I think- she looks sick" Rex rambled off to my former master with worry, not even checking to make sure he had the facts right.

"Let's go take a look shall we?" Kenobi offered calmly, Rex leading them both back to where I had sat with Fives. "Lyra?" He crouched in front of me. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine!" I snapped out again with frustration at how everyone was treating me like I was broken.

"Stand up" he ordered sternly, standing to his own feet and watching my movements.

"What?"

"Stand up" Obi Wan repeated. I hesitantly pushed myself onto my feet only to wobble and fall back into Rex.

"Sorry" I mumbled as he helped me to sit back down in the dirt.

"Symptoms?" Kenobi asked, turning to Fives who had been with me the whole time.

"Dizzy, headache, nausea, loss of colour in face" Five listed what he could remember.

"She's probably come down with something" Obi Wan thought out loud. "We have no medics with us at the moment, she will need to be taken to Kamino as it is the closest medical facility" he started to tell them. "Rex, you will accompany her and give me frequent updates. I will let Master Ti know you are coming and I will call in a gunship to take you back to the cruiser." He finished off the orders with a nod to the Captain.

"Yes sir" Rex saluted. The others continued to walk off as we sat in silence waiting for the gunship to arrive. Closing my eyes to ease my headache I listened to the wildlife around us until I heard the loud engines of the gunship roar out as it lowered.

"General, that's our ship" Rex told me signalling me to open my eyes and look up at him, squinting as the sun blinded me. "Here" he held his hand out for me and I accepted it, him helping to pull me to my feet. "Easy there" he warned, holding on tightly around my waist as I wobbled into him while attempting to walk on my own. He walked us onto the gunship and it took off without warning. Normally I would have been able to keep my balance, but today I had fallen right over, now laying on the cold, metal floor.

"I'm okay, I think I'm just gonna stay here" I waved Rex off as he rushed to help me back up. He nodded and watched me carefully as I laid on the ground with my eyes closed gently, a sigh escaping my lips.

"Come on" he scooped me up in his arms to prevent my wobbling mess of an attempt to walk once the ship landed on the cruiser. He walked off, carrying me onto another shuttle that would take us straight to Kamino.