Why Me?

"You are a loser and a nobody" the bully said as he pushed me down. The other two guys behind him just laughed and joined in on him.

They called me names and beat me up; leaving me on the floor in the bathroom; bleeding and in pain. I sat up, leaning on the toilet and got my phone out.

PRIVATE MESSAGE

Atsumu:

Samu....

Samu?

Samu, can you please come online....

Seen

Atsumu:

Osamu, I'm in pain, please reply...

15 mins later...

I stopped trying and just got up and did my best to get to the clinic and patch myself up. I looked at myself in the mirror and I looked like shit. *Ding* I took out my phone and saw a text from Kita-san. Looks like I was late for afternoon practice.

Atsumu: looks like I'm getting scolded at the gym. I sighed.

I started walking to the gym while other kids talked behind my back thinking I wouldn't hear them.

"Why the hell is he even on the team"

"He isn't even that good"

"How can they put up with him"

"Why can't he be like his brother"

Whispering as*holes. I just kept my head down; making myself small even though I'm an athlete.

When I got to the gym, I could already see Kita-san with his arms crossed and brows furrowed, and behind him were the others snickering, waiting for me to get scolded. As Kita-san expressed his disappointment with me, I looked at Osamu for comfort, but he just gave me a disgusted look and walked away.

Akagi: "Such a loser..."

Ginjima: "We should really kick him out of the team."

Riseki: "Why do we even bother with him?"

Suna: "Can't believe he's Osamu's twin."

Omimi: "I know, we could have lived our lives better with just Osamu."

They all made fun of me but I just kept my head low. They kept commenting on how Osamu was the better twin as they walked inside the gym. We got ready and after practice Kita-san announced that we'll be having a practice match against Itachiyama. As I heard that name, I beamed up and got excited, Osamu noticed.

Osamu: "Ew". he looked at me disgusted.

Atsumu: "Shut yer trap"

Suna: "No, you shut up!" he snapped at me

Akagi: "Yea, nobody wants to hear your stupid voice!"

I started bickering with them but we were stopped by Kita-san. He sighed at us. "Just shut up, Atsumu"

Atsumu: "But he started it" I whined and pointed at Osamu but Kita-san just glared at me and made me flinch and made me look down; everyone snickered again. What a dumbass they say.

Osamu and I got home, and just like at school, I was hated here. We were eating dinner with mom (Dad worked abroad). They happily ate as they talked about Osamu. When we finished, Osamu told mom about how I was late and got scolded by our captain then skipped happily to his room. I was about to leave for my room as well when mom stopped me.

Mrs. Miya: "Atsumu." I froze. The way she said my name with so much malice sent shivers to my spine. I sat back down to my seat not daring to look up. I heard mom stand from her seat and walked behind me. She caressed my neck to my hair then gripped it down suddenly. I groaned in pain as tears started to form from my eyes. "You garbage" she spat. Her eyes, full of hatred. She raised her other hand and slapped me so hard that it could be heard a mile away. I fell on the floor; hand on my cheek and the other supporting me. She put her foot on my left hand (she was wearing heels) and started squeezing it hard.

Atsumu: "Please stop" I whimpered. But she didn't stop. I looked at her; tears in my eyes "Mom, it hurts" I cried. But that set her off.

Mrs. Miya: "Don't call me that!" She stomped on my hand. "I don't have a son like you!" She stomped again. "You are a disgrace! A disappointment!" she stomped again and again and again. "I wish you were never born" she finally kneed my face, breaking my nose. I was crying

After taking a breath, she started pulling my hair again and dragged me to the basement and just threw me there. I rolled down the stairs and felt everything hurt.

Why? Why is this happening? I hugged myself even though every fiber in my body was screaming in pain. My head felt like it was about to split open, my ears were ringing.

In this dark, damped basement, I cried myself to sleep.

Even in my sleep I couldn't get a break. Voices kept telling me how worthless I am. How I'm such a bother. You are nothing.

.

.

.

.

tbc