I Promise

Atsumu's POV

My head hurts a little, but other than that, my body felt light which was rare for someone like me. I slowly opened my eyes. My vision may be a bit blurry but I was pretty sure I wasn't my room.

I did my best to sit up, looking like I'm in a hospital. I looked around and saw Sakusa sleeping next to my bed. He was sitting on a chair and resting his head on his arms on the bed. Looking at him, he looked horrible; he had dark circles around his eyes, his forehead had a bandage around, and his right hand as well.

I reached out for his hair that was on his eye and carefully put it aside, revealing his two moles that always fascinated me. I didn't realize that I was leaning so much when Sakusa suddenly bolted his head up; surprising me so much I almost fell off the bed but luckily he caught me.

Sakusa: "Atsu!" He fixed me up on the bed again. "Are you alright?" He wasn't hugging me, but his arms rested around my waist; afraid I'd fall again or just get hurt. He looked so worried and panicked.

Atsumu: "Yes, I'm alright..." I looked at him, and he wasn't convinced. "Why are we...in a hospital?" I was genuinely confused.

Sakusa: "You... you don't... remember?"

Atsumu: "Remember... what?" He looked anxious. He started biting his lower lip and it was starting to bleed. "Sto...p that..." I took a tissue from the table and wiped his lip. When I was done, he took my hand. He looked down; taking a deep breath and letting it out shakily. He looked at me with such sad and desperate eyes.

Sakusa: "Atsu..." He kissed the inside of my hand which surprised me, but I didn't move my hand away. "Please, I'm here..." I felt my heart melting, this is the first time I'm hearing something like that. He held my hand like his life depended on it. " I'll never leave you..."

I felt my world stop. My face was wet, I was crying. Was I dreaming? If so, please... I don't want to wake up. Those words... the things I was so desperate to hear. He wiped away my tears.

Sakusa: "A... At...su?" He panicked. "Do- - does yo- -your head... hurt?" He was stuttering. "Do you wa- - want m- -me to call a do- -" He was all over the place and I can't help but chuckle a bit. I cupped his cheeks.

Atsumu: "I'm alright..." I gave him a gentle smile even though tears were still in my eyes. He seemed to relax a bit.

When he finally calmed down, he held my hands that were cupping his face and nuzzled more into it. Then he kissed the inside of my hand, I felt my face heat up.

Sakusa: "Atsu..." He took another deep breath and looked at me.

Atsumu: "Yes?"

Sakusa: "About last night... "

Atsumu: "Last... night...?" Sakusa was about to explain when last night's events came barging in. "UUUGH!" My head was hurting.

Sakusa: "ATSU!?" He stood and came closer to me.

Last night, I remembered! I remember seeing him again. He triggered it... I can't help but shake in fear; I hugged myself. I remembered IT. IT wanted me dead. My tears won't stop. Sakusa was shaking me a little, he was saying something, but I couldn't hear him.

IT's voice echoed in my ears, in my head, and pierced in my heart.

Why were you even born?

Nobody wants you.

No one wants to be with you.

No one likes you.

You were never loved.

You aren't being loved.

And you will never be loved.

Please... Stop....

You can't dismiss me anymore...

Stop!

It's time for you to die and let everyone be happy.

I hope to never see you again, Atsumu.

Atsumu: "STOP!" I yelled at nothing. Sakusa was shocked, he was crying as well. I broke down. " O...mi..." I stared at him, desperate to hear my silent screams.

Sakusa's POV

Atsu was crying and I panicked, but he cupped my face and told me everything was alright, he gave me a smile that just washed away all my worries and anxiety. I felt my body relaxed. The warmth from his hands was taking away my fatigue and just spreading throughout my whole body. I held his beautiful hands, making sure he was really there. I kissed the inside of his hand to let him know that I was there...

Even when things are getting hard...

Sakusa: "Atsu..." I took another deep breath and looked at him.

Atsumu: "Yes?" He is so beautiful.

Sakusa: "About last night... " I started even though I didn't want to remind him. I don't want him to get hurt again and whatever happened last night, happen again, but we need to talk about this. I need him to tell me.

Atsumu: "Last... night...?" I was about to continue but he started to recall. "UUUGH!" His head started hurting.

Sakusa: "ATSU!?" I stood and got closer to him.

Atsu started shaking. Sh*t! Sh*t! Sh*t! Is he having another panic attack?! A seizure!? What should I do!? He started crying and mumbling. I tried snapping him out of his thoughts, but nothing was working. I kept calling his name but he just kept shaking his head and squeezing his ears. I'm panicking again.

Sakusa: "Atsu.... What the hell is happening?" I was now crying too. I'm so useless! I can't do anything! "Please... Atsu..." I cried. "Help... someone help... please..." I wiped my tears and headed for the door to call for help.

Atsumu: "STOP!" He snapped. I was in shock. None of us moved for a second before Atsu broke down. "O...mi..." He looked so broken, his voice was barely a squeaked yet I heard it loud and clear; the most heart-breaking cry I ever heard.

My body moved on its own before I could think. I just enveloped Atsu in my embrace; letting him feel that I was there with him, letting him know I heard him, and assuring him he wasn't alone.

Sakusa: "I'm here, Atsu..." He held on to me for dear life, clutching my clothes to the point where I could feel his nails digging into the back of my skin, but I didn't let it bother me; Atsu needed me and that's what mattered.

He cried and cried and cried while he buried his face on my chest. He cried and cried until he was out of tears to shed, he cried and cried until he lost his voice, and he cried and cried until he had no more energy.

Atsu was asleep in my arms, he had dried tears all over his face, his nose was very red, and his hair was a mess, but he looked so precious. Then I looked at a mirror that was on the wall and saw how horrible I looked. I wanted to take a shower or atleast clean up a bit but Atsu was still holding on to me and honestly, I didn't want to let go as well.

So I laid in bed while Atsu was in my arms and I'm determined that things will change from now on.

Sakusa: "I won't let this happen again, I promise." I kissed Atsu's forehead before closing my eyes.

.

.

.

.

tbc