We Meet Again

The weekend came, me and Dad were in the living room; waiting for my friends and teammates. I sat on the long couch while Dad sat on his solo sofa. I can't help but be anxious as I wait.

*Knock! Knock! We heard from the door, Dad was about to get up but I stood up quickly and went straight to the door. I opened it and saw everyone looking grimm, none of them could face me, even Suna.

I moved out of the way and one by one they came in. I guided them to the living room where my Dad was waiting. They were all huddled in one space, scared of moving any further. Now that everyone was here, I couldn't breathe again, I felt suffocated. I kept my head down, we were all waiting for my Dad to lash out or yell at us for bullying his son and driving him away.

Mr. Miya: "Please... everyone, I'm not mad. I'm not going to yell at you guys." He stood, which made some of us flinch. "Please, raise your heads, look at me." We looked at him, he was giving us a gentle smile which made everyone relaxed. "Please... sit." He gestured to the couch. Since everyone came, some were sitting on the floor which they insisted on.

Everyone was quiet, none dared to speak up or even look at Dad.

Mr. Miya: "Like I said, I'm not mad at you guys... I just want you guys to explain what happened, I want to know your perspective... just let me know and I promise I won't get mad or anything like that." He looked at me. "Osamu already gave his side and now, we just want to fix this mess, and we can't do that unless everyone wants to help." Everyone looked at Dad who looked so worried.

Suna: "I- - picked on A- -Atsumu ca- - cause I thought he- - he was just a jerk..." Everyone looked at him, I was surprised he initiated to talk first. He was shaking. "I- - I wanted to- - to impress Sa- - Samu so much... I didn't even think of how much I was hurting Atsumu." He was crying. "I'm sorry!" He bowed to my Dad. "I'm so sorry! I'm sorry! I"m so- -"

Mr. Miya: "Suna..." Suna stopped apologizing, but he didn't lift his head. "Like I said, I'm not mad... Yes, I'm a bit disappointed but... you guys are still young and you all will continue to make mistakes but all of that is okay, as long as you learn from them." He patted Suna's head and helped him sit up again on the couch.

Kita: "I was the Captain..." We looked at Kita-san "I was supposed to be the leader, someone you should rely on, yet I ignored Atsumu and even thought of him as an annoyance." His eyes got glossy. "I know that everyone sees Atsumu as someone so strong, we got so used to him always smiling or just brushing everything off. None of us knew- -" His voice cracked which was the first. We were all surprised, not once have we seen the stoic and impenetrable Kita-san breakdown. "None of us knew that we were actually breaking him down little by little!" He cried.

Osamu: "Kita-san..." I just looked at him, Aran had his arm around his shoulder.

When everyone was finally able to let out their guilt, there was one person who kept quiet and kept his head down; just crying to himself.

Osamu: "Akagi..." Everyone turned to him, even Dad. He looked like he was going to explode any minute. He didn't hear me call his name. "Akagi..." I approached him and put a hand on his shoulder. He whipped his head to me in surprise. He was crying so much but didn't make a sound.

Akagi: "O- -Osa...mu..." He cried, then clung onto my feet. "I'm so sorry! I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY!" he cried out loud. I tried to get him off but he wouldn't budge and just kept crying. I knelt down in front of him and started rubbing his back for comfort.

Osamu: "Aka- -"

Akagi: "I almost killed Atsumu!" Everyone fell silent.

Osamu: "Wha- -"

Akagi: "I'm sorry... I'm sorry... " He cried. "I- - I pushed him off the road!" Nobody spoke. I felt my body heat up. I wanted to punch Akagi, but I was no better than him.

Mr. Miya: "That's enough... getting angry at each other won't solve anything." He pulled me away from Akagi and helped him up. Then he looked at everyone. "It's time we start fixing up this mess."

Timeskip

It has been 2 years since we saw Atsumu and I'm still hoping that he'll come home. I completely left volleyball and just pursued cooking. I opened my own restaurant while Dad supported my decision.

After everyone came into our house to talk with me and Dad, they told how they've been, after that I had a talk with Suna, about our relationship. He was so understanding that I needed time for myself and can't face him as a partner until I fix my mess.

Suna: "I understand..." He smiled at me as he put a hand on my cheek. "I'll wait for you..." We kissed for the last time, I haven't seen or talked to him since then.

I was working late today, I finished inventory and locked up the place when I started scrolling through my phone, there was still no news of Atsumu. I started walking back home but my feet brought me somewhere else. I sat on a bench. I was in the park where I last saw Atsumu. I kept returning to this place, hoping I'll see him again here.

I relaxed on the bench when I heard my phone buzz; someone texted me. I pulled my phone out and saw who it was.

Osamu: "Akagi...?" I opened his message. My eyes widened.

Messages

Akagi:

"I saw Atsumu..."

Osamu:

"WHERE?"

Akagi:

"At xxxxxxx, but he ran away the moment he saw me."

Osamu:

"Akagi... tell me everything that happened."

Akagi told me how he was out with Itachiyama's former libero. They ate out when he had to go to the bathroom, when he came out, he saw his friend talking with someone. When he got closer, there he saw Atsumu.

Atsumu was with Sakusa, Itachiyama's former ace. Akagi asked Komori about his cousin, and found out that he was playing for the MSBY black Jackals. I shot up from the bench and bolted back home. I rushed to Dad's room and told him I found Atsumu! I was so happy.

Mr. Miya: "Samu..." He patted my head. "I know you're excited, but we can't just barge in on Atsumu's life..."

Osamu: "But Dad... we can be a family again... we- -we ca- -" He patted my cheek.

Mr. Miya: "I miss him too, but we still have to wait..." He had a small smile. " He has to come home on his own. I know you're anxious now that you know where he is, but we can't force him..." I looked down, feeling defeated again. "Hey," he lifted my head. "Atleast we know where he is now, and he's not alone..."

For the next few days, me and Dad started watching every MSBY match. We saw how Atsumu shone on the court; he was amazing. We even sometimes watch personally as one of the crowd. We were so proud of him.

More days have passed and I got a call from Akagi. Komori was asking for my contact info because Sakusa asked for it and I didn't hesitate to give it.

One day, I was in the middle of work when I got a text from an unknown number. When I opened it, my eyes widened and started to close up the restaurant early. I didn't even change my uniform and started running to the address in the text.

I got to the restaurant and there I saw him again. I was tearing up, so I looked down. This was the moment I have dreamt of, yet I was so scared. I was trembling in front of him.

Atsumu: "Osamu..."

.

.

.

.

tbc (I don't know when I'll get to upload again since it's hard without a laptop, so this 2 chapters in 1 day update is my compensation! love you guys, thanks for the support.)