The Blonde Setter

Sakusa's POV

That was the last time I saw Atsu. It's been 2 years since then and I still couldn't take the image of Atsu's body like that off my mind. Everytime I close my eyes, I can still see it; just how much has he been hurting!? Damn it! Noone should go through all that! Especially Atsu; I should've been there for him!

After the incident 2 years ago, the Inarizaki team fell apart and it was never the same. I'm pretty sure the people who witnessed Atsu's abused were both amazed at how strong he was and terrified at what he had to go through because that was exactly what I felt then.

Sakusa: "Where are you, Atsu?" I looked at his picture on my phone. It was a stolen shot where he was happily eating his favorite food; cheeks full. Adorable "I miss you, Atsu." My eyes were getting glossy when I heard a knock on my door.

Hinata: "Umm... Sakusa-san"

Sakusa: "Yeah?"

Hinata: "Coach is calling for us, I think he has an announcement."

Sakusa: "Okay, be right out."

We lined up in the gym. When everyone's attention was on the coach and Captain, they were talking about someone coming in for try-outs; I wasn't really excited for new people, so my mind just wandered off somewhere while they talked. The gym doors opened and we all turned to see a fake blonde walk in. My eyes widened and just followed him walk and stood next to our coach and Captain.

Atsumu: "My name's Atsumu Miya, I hope to get along with everyone." he bowed. I felt something caught in my throat. It was really Atsu! I felt my eyes building up tears when I was pulled out of my trance by the coach's clap.

Coach: "Alright, everyone! We'll have a practice match for Miya's try-out!"

Atsumu: "Please, call me Atsumu." He said in a cold tone.

Captain: "Then, here are the teams."

After assigning the teams; the practice match finally started. Even after all this time, Atsu was still amazing. I can't help but watch him play. He had gotten more great in volleyball. I could tell everyone was impressed by Atsu; there's no doubt he'll get in without a problem.

Bokuto: "Wooow, I can't believe I'll be able to play with someone as amazing as him." I raised an eyebrow at the owl-looking male, usually he would be loud and obnoxious when getting excited but this time he was just focused on the blonde setter.

After the match, and not to anyone's surprise, Atsumu was accepted.

Noone's POV

Today's practice was very refreshing, and I can't help this rising feeling of happiness now that Atsu's here and we'll be spending more time being on the same team. After practice, everyone was cleaning and packing up.

Everyone was leaving to go back to their dorms, but Atsumu was going to the bus station since he'll be coming in next week and getting a dorm after. Sakusa ran up to him, feeling excited but when he grabbed Atsumu's hand, he flung it away and gave him a look that Sakusa couldn't read but he knew that Atsumu didn't want him to be near him. Sakusa's heart dropped.

Sakusa: "Atsu- -"

Atsumu: "What do you want?" He looked annoyed. Sakusa was speechless; silence filled the surrounding, they just looked at each other, no one spoke until a bus stopped in front of Atsumu. "If you have nothing important to say, I'll be leaving now, Sakusa." He got on the bus without even giving a second glance at Sakusa.

Sakusa walked back to his dorm and just left his stuff on the floor and dragged on to his room. He had no energy to shower or even change clothes. He kept thinking about Atsumu. He clenched his chest when he remembered what had just happened; how Atsumu just turned him away.

Sakusa: "Atsu..."

Morning came and Sakusa groaned as he tried to cover his face from the sunlight seeping through his room but then his alarm went off and he had to get up. He sat up, he felt like sh*t. I got up and walked to the bathroom, he looked at the mirror and saw that he was still in his jersey from yesterday. In normal circumstances, he would be disgusted since he was all sweaty from practice and planned to shower in his dorm, but his mind was flooded with Atsumu.

He splashed water on his face and leaned on the sink, just staring at the water then remembered... Sakusa, Atsumu's cold voice echoed in his head.

Sakusa: "He never called me that..."  

.

.

.

.

tbc