Brother

Atsumu's POV

For the last 2 years, I have been building this wall around me, keeping everyone around me at some distance. I made myself unfeeling, thinking it was making me strong, impenetrable, and unwavering. I covered up the fact that I was broken, shoving that part of myself in the dark; not wanting to be seen like that again.

I became cold, unfeeling, and alone. I survived...

After 2 years, I met with Omi again and that's when I felt the first crack on my wall. He was saying and doing things that I was so unfamiliar with. The Doctor did take care of me, but I felt like there was nothing more to it, that I was just some random kid he took pity on.

Spending time with Omi, unconsciously made me put down my walls on my own, I was slowly letting him in and he was so patient about it. But all that remaining wall came crashing down on me when we accidentally met with Akagi. Omi was the one who helped me out of that ruin and rather than building up my walls again, he helped me build myself up. He took the broken part of me that I was so ashamed of and made it shine.

He loved me so much that I started to love myself as well. And Omi continued to help me through everything, and everything just kept getting better.

Omi took me to visit the Doctor, I don't know why but meeting him again today feels different, for the first time, I'm actually realizing how wrong I was. Omi was by my side and stayed there. I was always looking up ahead and I never noticed the only person who watched my back and I couldn't help but be more thankful.

Doctor: "Good luck and take care" He smiled. I smiled at the memory.

When I was finally ready to face my past and see Osamu again, I had nothing to worry about. I know I've changed and I was confident in the new strength I've built. But nothing could have prepared me from meeting my mother again.

All I felt when I froze in front of her was a leash tightening around my neck. The way she just looked at me, I was like a mouse in front of a snake. Her presence was all it took for me to crumble.

I was so thankful when Osamu saved me, and I felt that I could breathe again.

Omi took me to my room and he just held me in his arms; calming me down.

Sakusa: "Are you alright, Atsu?" I looked up at him, he looked so worried. "Did she do anything to you?" He caressed my cheeks. "Your eyes are puffy..."

Atsumu: "No, Omi..." I snuggled on to him. "Samu pulled me away before she could do anything..." He kissed my forehead.

Sakusa: "I'm sorry for snapping at Samu... I saw you crying and I just panicked...an- -"

Atsumu: "Omi, I don't think you should be apologizing to me..."

Sakusa: "I know... I'm just sorry... don't worry, I'll apologize to him..."

Atsumu: "Thank you, Omi..."

Sakusa: "It's nothing, I reacted without thinking- -"

Atsumu: "No, thank you for understanding my decisions..." I looked at him and smiled. "Thank you for trying so hard, and trying to get along with my family, especially Samu..." I leaned up and kissed him, at first he was surprised but eventually started kissing me back.

We were interrupted when we heard Samu yell from downstairs. I looked at Omi and he saw how worried I was.

Sakusa: "Do you want me to go and check it out?" I just nodded and he got up and left the room.

When Omi came back, he looked pale. He sat next to me and held my hand. He kissed my forehead and started explaining what happened.

Atsumu: "That crazy woman!" I stormed out of my room, leaving Omi behind. I went downstairs and saw how Samu punched mom after insulting me.

Osamu: "Don't you dare insult my brother!" She was holding her face. When she got up, her nose and mouth were bleeding but she looked at them, smiling. "You really are insane..." I just watched them.

Mrs. Miya: "Thank you for doing that sweetie..." She looked at him smiling. "Now, we can be together..."

Osamu: "What the hell are you on about!?"

Mr. Miya: "Samu..." He got in between them.

Mrs. Miya: "Say goodbye to your father..." She pulled out her phone.

Mr. Miya: "What are you doing?" She looked at him like a crazy person.

Mrs. Miya: "I'm calling the cops to report my ex-husband for hitting me..." Everyone froze.

I couldn't believe what I was witnessing. Is she really a mother?! Were we really a happy family then?!

Mr. Miya: "Even if you report me, I will not let you take Osamu! You already ruined Tsu- -"

Osamu: "I'll go with you..." She planned all this! Such a manipulative, B*tch!

Mr. Miya: "Samu! No yo- -"

Osamu: "It's alright, Dad..." He smiled at him.

Mom opened her arms and just smiled as Osamu slowly approached her.

I watched in horror as my brother was willing to walk in his despair. I know that my brother did horrible things, but not once did I ever wish anything bad upon him. He doesn't deserve to suffer in that woman's obsession!

Mrs. Miya: "C'mon, let's go." Osamu stopped just a few inches away from her and she started to walk towards him.

No! No! No! Don't just stand there, Samu! I couldn't bear to see my brother be taken away by some evil witch. I just got him back and I'm not losing him again! My body moved on it's own, my mind was overwhelmed with the idea that I don't want to lose my brother, that it just knocked out my fear of my mother.

I ran and just tackled Samu to the ground, it was my time to protect him this time. Hearing Samu's side of the story made me realize I failed as a brother. Yes, I know that it was a lame excuse for Samu, but I can understand it... Everything is just so different when it comes to family.

Atsumu: "No! He's not going anywhere!"

.

.

.

.

tbc