Father & Son

End of Flashback

Atsumu: "I walked away and just started running away until I collapsed in an alley. I was tired..." I bit back a sob. "My numbness crumbled just because of that one person..." My eyes started to get teary again. "I got angry..." I looked at Omi. "I got angry at myself! I was done being weak... I was done feeling so small, so worthless!" I clenched my fist. "I got up and dragged myself to the hospital."

Sakusa: "And you talked to the Doctor..." I kept my head down when I nodded.

Flashback

He was so shocked to see the state that I was in. I was dirty, injured and bleeding out in a lot of places. I knelt down; bowing my head to the point where my forehead was touching the ground.

Atsumu: "Please! Please! Help me!" I yelled "I don't want to live like this anymore!" I looked at him and didn't even care how pathetic I looked.

Doctor: "Get up..." He had sympathetic eyes. "C'mon, I'll fix you up." He helped me up and went inside the hospital.

The Doctor helped me get back on my feet. He treated my wounds and introduced me to his friend who was a therapist. After a year of focusing on my health; He didn't stop helping me. He sent me back to school where I studied hard and got scholarship offers from different universities.

End of Flashback

Atsumu: "And I ended up... here, on my favorite team..." I looked up at Omi. "With you..." He kissed my forehead before embracing me.

Sakusa: "The Doctor didn't really tell me that much... He mostly asked about you..." He looked at me. "Guess he was still worried even after all this time."

Atsumu: "Yeah..." I smiled to myself. "He's really amazing."

Timeskip

Noone's POV

For the past few weeks, everything was normal. Atsumu was doing great in the team and was getting along with everyone.

On their next day off, Atsumu decided to visit the Doctor and Sakusa came along with him. As they stood in front of the hospital doors, Atsumu looked to his left where he saw the ghost of his past; he saw himself begging the Doctor, like it was happening right now. He could even hear his desperate plea for the older. Atsumu snapped back to reality when he felt someone hold his hand.

He turned to see Sakusa looking at him with a gentle smile.

Sakusa: "Let's go."

Atsumu: "Yea..." He beamed and they went inside.

Atsumu couldn't contain his happiness when he saw the Doctor. He tackled the man with a hug at first he was surprised but then relaxed and hugged back. The fake blonde considered the Doctor as family; a parent he never had and that thought made him tear up with joy.

After they broke the hug, the two smiled at each other before the older male noticed the taller male that was standing not so far behind the fake blonde. Sakusa bowed and smiled at the Doctor who smiled at him back.

Doctor: "How have you been?" He motioned for the two to sit and they did. "I know we just met up a week ago, but we didn't have much time to catch up."

Atsumu: "Yea... sorry about that..." He said sheepishly and Sakusa and the Doctor chuckled. 

Atsumu and the Doctor talk about everything and random things, but mostly about Atsumu and how he has been. Sakusa would mostly observe but would occasionally join in on their talk. They were having fun but the Doctor still had patients that he had to see. The Doctor saw the two out.

Atsumu: "Thank you...again..." He smiled.

The Doctor looked at the fake blonde in front of him and he couldn't help but tear up. He still remembered the small, fragile, little boy he found in the park; cold, alone, and in pain. He remembered the teenage boy who would occasionally come to him for treatment but wouldn't tell what really happened. He remembered the young man who begged him 2 years ago, to save him. But now, here he stood in front of a man who's standing tall and confident, and finally... he looked at Sakusa, not alone. He hugged Atsumu.

Doctor: "I'm so proud of you..." He squeezed him and Atsumu cried again, he never thought he'd hear those words; that someone would say it to him. "Do visit me whenever you're free..." He broke the hug, smiled and wiped away Atsumu's tears.

Atsumu: "Of course! But you have to come to one of my games!!"

Doctor: "It's a deal" He smiled then turned to Sakusa. "Please, continue taking care of my son." Atsumu cried even more and Sakusa chuckled at how adorable the fake blonde was being.

Sakusa: "Yes sir!" He smiled.

Doctor: "Good luck and take care." He smiled.

They finally left.

As they walked hand in hand, they reached a restaurant and sat at the back part. Atsumu took deep breaths and Sakusa saw how the fake blonde was getting nervous. He held his hand gentle, rubbing reassuring circles with his thumb.

Sakusa: "I'm here, Atsu..." He smiled at him which helped Atsumu calm down.

Atsumu: "I know..." He laid his head on the taller male's shoulder. "And I couldn't ask for anyone else to be here with me at this moment." He closed his eyes and smiled.

Sakusa: "I'm glad." He rested his head on top of Atsumu's, and for a moment, they were at peace. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

Atsumu: "Yeah... I'm done running away." He looked determined.

They ordered and talked as they waited, When finally someone came in that took their attention. As the person walked in, he locked eyes with Atsumu and proceeded to walk towards them.

He was now, right in front of them, head looking down.

Atsumu: "Osamu..."

.

.

.

.

tbc ( sorry I hadn't posted for a while... I got sick... please continue to support my works and leave comments :D I really enjoy reading them <3)