48

Sorry for the late updates - reason: I don't have a working laptop. My apple mac of 6 years passed away RIP Laptop, earlier in June and was showing signed of age in May, so i got a new laptop and that hasn't worked a single day. So been taking it to and fro the repairs for months now, and i finally gave up and I'm borrowing a friends to write this chapter and as much as i can. I really appreciate you all SOO much xx

So what if he saw it, he knew that the divorce wasn't going ahead, right?

Yet how did they get my signature on these papers, I never signed them. I looked at the pictures more confused.

"I'll have to call you back," I said hanging up as I started looking for Sterling's number and pressing dial as I read the stupid article.

I wasn't sure what my parents were going to be more annoyed about, the fact that we were publicly caught fighting or the divorce. Surely the cheating rumours were false, well they were false, and they would know that. 

Me, cheating with Dominic? What a joke.

Sterling didn't pick up, so I hung up closing the damn paper, when my phone started to ring with an unknown number. 

"Hello?" I asked picking it up.

"Hi," a masculine voice said, with a slight pause, "It's Dominic."

"Oh hey, uh, what's up?" I asked. What a stupid question? I shook my head, was I really this dumb sometimes. 

"Is this a good time Aedan?"

"Yeah why?" I grabbed my coffee hoping it was colder, it wasn't but the this time the burning coffee didn't hurt as much as the panic in my stomach.

"Oh I just wanted to call cause um there-,"

"I know, I just saw it," I muttered.

"Oh sorry, I didn't plan it or anything, I just wanted to let you know, and sorry about you and Sterling as well-," I was distracted by the door opening, and Sterling walking in, he turned around and saw me, and froze.

"I'll call you back," and hung up quickly as I stared at him.

"Why do you look like you saw a ghost?" Sterling asked, confused as he kicked the door shut, in his hands were a few paper bags. 

"I called you!"

"Oh did you? My phone must have been on silent," He walked over to the table, and dumped the bags. 

"Where did you go?" I asked, almost a weird feeling of relief in my stomach. For a moment I almost imagined the worst, my stomach had clenched so tight I had almost forgotten how to breathe. 

"Croissants," he said, looking up with a massive smile on his face, "They had a deal, look, I got ten croissants for $3, total, not each, can you believe it? I had to line up early...," he said looking down at the bags, "But it was worth it."

"Croissants...," I repeated, that's where he went?

"Yeah! I didn't want to wake you cause you were sleeping but look at how many we got! What a bargain right!! I had to line up for a bit but hey, come on let's eat they're still hot," he said about to open a bag.

I stared at him confused, as he pulled out what looked like an almond croissant. 

"They're like normally $6 each, why aren't you excited?" He asked confused, staring at me, "I'm saving you money...see?"

I grabbed the newspaper from under the bags of croissants, "Um maybe because of this?"

"What about it?" he asked. He was already walking to the kitchen to get a plate.