34

I was never a big kisser.

I just didn't see the appeal, or was attracted to anyone to kiss them.

I tried it a handful of times, once in high school where it was just wet and disgusting, not to mention his breathe was very heavy on peppermint chewing gum that it put me off that flavour for years, perhaps even now I get horrible flashbacks of peppermint chewing gum. 

Then I kissed some random in a club ones, that was definitley not great since he groped my buttocks and since then I realised that I had no idea who these people were in the clubs and I could probably catch something.

Throughout uni when I was stuck on bad dates sometimes I felt compelled to give them a goodbye kiss on the cheek that they tried to kiss my lips instead, I wasn't as brave back then to tell them to fuck off. I guess it came with having more confidence as I grew up.

But kissing Sterling, well I don't think I've ever kissed someone like him.

Every time I kissed him it was different, not that I've kissed him more than once that wasn't a formal peck for the camera. It wasn't like the kiss in his studio either, it was almost like he was hesitant, his soft lips touching mine.

Maybe this was his way of asking me if I didn't want to kiss him, when I didn't move away he moved closer.

His cologne wasn't overpowering but it was all I could smell when he was pressed against up against me, it was intoxicating. 

His left hand on my waist was warm, compared to the cold countertop behind me, he had the slightest grip on me, gentle, his fingers slightly brushing the skin exposed when I lifted my arms to wrap around his neck.

He definitley smelled better than I would have smelled after a long day of running up and down, but he wasn't complaining. 

He tasted like the Rosé and Cider, a weird combination of sweet and tangy making my stomach flip in that weird feeling again. He took it as a sign leaning into me till there was no gap between us, his chest pressed up against mine. 

I unlooped my right hand from around his neck running it down his shoulders, he was always muscular even back in high school. Even now all I could feel was hard muscle under my arm, through the shirt and sweater he had that made him look like soccer dad. 

Sterling felt warm under my palm, his body strong and sturdy as he kept my weight balanced. I could feel his fingers against my skin, sending a shiver through my body. A dangerous shiver. 

All from a closed mouth kiss. 

I didn't think I could ever feel so much from just a kiss, but apparently I did.

Sterling pulled away, but his face was hovering so close to mine I just wanted his lips back on mine.

And just like that all the warmth vanished as he went back to stirring the pot, as we heard chatter come closer towards us.

Right, we were still here.

I cleared my throat turning around and grabbing my wine glass as we saw people walk back to their spots, the cold wine doing nothing to soothe the fire inside of me. If anything, it made me even more parched.

"Is it working?" Sterling asked.

"Is what working?"  I asked confused, how did he know the wine was not working. If anything now I felt even more sober than when I actually am sober. 

"Is my personality winning you over yet." He said with a smirk on his face.

"Hmm, no keep trying." I lied, well a half lie. It was sort of working, I didn't know Sterling had this whole other side to him, but at the same time it had only been a few days, there was still so much we didn't know about each other.