53

I stirred, feeling the sun in my eyes. It was bright, too bright making me realise I had slept in. I turned over to my side coming face to face with Sterling's closed eyes. He was still fast asleep. I tried to untangle the blankets wrapped around our bodies, almost suffocating us in the warmth.

My legs were tangled with his and then within the multiple blankets on the bed, not knowing where his body started and where mine ended, just like when we had come home last night. 

I hoped Sterling wouldn't open his eyes as I tried to sit up, trying to find anything to cover myself with. Maybe it was the alcohol speaking last night that made us so brave to tell each other that the only clothing to be on us was the ring. And in the morning light the ring shined bright on my finger as I slipped it off, carefully putting it on the bedside cabinet.

Just as I finally made work of the blankets, escaping one leg from the sweaty sauna underneath and into the cold air, an arm wrapped around my body pulling it back within the haven of blankets.

"Where do you think you're going?" 

He was still sleepy, eyes closed, but somehow knew my route of escape.

"To have a shower." I said trying to pry his forearm off my stomach. He was too strong, even half asleep or perhaps I wasn't trying too hard as his arm felt nice around there. HIs legs wrapped around mine, holding me down as the other arm came under my neck lifting me onto his chest. My body pressed against him, didn't take me long enough to see that he was turned on just as much as he was last night. 

And it didn't take me long to feel the same way as his hands roamed from my stomach to my hip and down to my legs and back, tracing what little curves I had making me feel like the curviest woman ever. His eyes were closed as I looked at him, but the way his fingers moved made me shiver. Touching all the spots without touching them. 

My chest tightened as my breaths got shallowed, "Didn't I tell you the only clothing to wear was the ring?"

"I just took it off...so I could shower." I told him as his fingers wrapped around my now naked finger. 

Sterling opened his eyes, humming as he moved. He flipped me onto my back, his arm under my neck and the other still around my finger as I felt him against my thigh. 

"Already disobeying orders I see."

"Like I ever followed them," I teased. 

"That's true, that's why you're my boss," Sterling lowered his lips to mine, close enough to kiss but not as he stared at me. It took me a moment to realise that I, as the boss, had to make the first move. And I almost wanted to tease him and see how long he could last and hold that position if I didn't.

But perhaps it was me that was going to be teased as his lips played against mine, the familiar feeling of my stomach tightening. 

"If we don't get up, I don't think we will get up all of today."

"Great, I like that idea," Sterling whispered as his arms wrapped around my waist. Some of us had work to do, and jobs to go to, yet here I was laying under him not wanting to leave the bed either. 

If the doorbell didn't ring, maybe neither of us would have left the bed. Sterling groaned as he rolled around cursing whoever was at the door.

He threw the sheets up jumping to his feet and I quickly grabbed it trying to cover myself, not all of us had his confidence, or his body for that matter of fact to want to strut around butt naked. 

He grabbed his clothes throwing them on, not even bothering to make  some inside out as he walked out the door. I took this opportunity to quickly rush into the shower and get changed. 

I couldn't recall ordering anything to have a delivery.  I slipped into some loungewear and headed downstairs.

"Sterling did we get a parc-," I paused on the stairs when I heard voices. That was definitely not a parcel. I rushed down the last few steps, almost hesitating to go down as I recognised the voices as i was getting closer to the lounge room.

Sterling was sitting on the chair, his leg crossed, arm on the shoulder rest and slouched, his head resting to the side. 

His eyes met mine and he sighed, "Finally, long shower?" he smirked as I walked closer. The dreaded sight of our parents on the couch greeted me, both sets. 

"What now?" I whined.

"Wow, is that the way to greet your parents Aedan? We raised you better than this," and...there my mother goes, words just coming out of her mouth as I tuned out wondering if I would totally be killed if I walked into the kitchen to get some coffee. 

"What are you both doing here?" I asked, cutting her off "And of course," I waved over to Sterling's parents who were far more silent. 

"What do you think?"

Who said that? Or was it Sterling? I casted a look at him and he signalled with his eyes that he would rather be anywhere else but here, which I agreed with.

"We're trying to find a way to...make this a cordial event, without drawing too much more media attention." When Sterlings mother speaks, everyone listens. Her voice, cool, calm and collected, everything my mother could not do. 

"What event?" I asked.

"The DIVORCE," my mother screamed, there told you she couldn't be either of those 'c' words. 

"I told you we aren't getting one," my voice was once again lost and Sterling sighed, getting up and walking out of the room, leaving me to face the hounds on myself. 

"You're not getting divorced?" Another voice asked, one of our dads but it was too hard to listen in the chaos that unfollowed. Sterling's mother continued speaking, cool and calm but her voice being drowned out by the banshee that gave birth to me. 

My head started pounding and I closed my eyes ready to scream.

"Can you all shut up?"

Why was my voice so deep? Then I realised it wasn't my voice, I looked up as a hand wrapped around my waist, pulling me three feet back and against his solid chest. Sterling grabbed my wrist, yanked it up, and shoved the ring I had taken off back on.

"We're not getting divorced, we're going to waste all your money and get married again."

Silence.

All four adults stared at us confused before my mother, who else, started screaming. This time I think it was happy but I couldn't tell as they all started talking all over again.

Sterling wrapped his hands around my waist and placed his chin on my shoulder, "I told you getting out of bed was a bad idea," was all he could make out before arms came around us, squealing in pleasure. 

"Can we still go?" I slipped out as the oxygen was taken away from me. But at least this time I had Sterling I could rely on to get me through it. 

THE END (or is there more you wanted, i think this is a good way to conclude it?)

New story as this one closes up, "Not her man" is up and the first 5 chapters are posted. Please support and read that one if you loved this one!