22

I looked over as Sterling plopped himself down in the chair next to me after another two hours.

He had something in his hand, it was like a drink but it was in a coconut shell. I leaned over peering at the bright blue liquid, "What are you drinking?" was it meant to be that colour?

It almost looked like a child's drink. Sterling looked up, his grey eyes matching the metallic silver straw, "Want some?"

I shook my head, "No thank you."

Sterling pushed it into my hands and I reluctantly took a sip, down the side of the coconut cup. He must have been watching me as he broke into a smile, "Good right?" he asked.

I pulled back from the drink "What is that?" because in fact it was delicious. It was like drinking candy, and the last thing I thought Sterling would drink. It was so good that i went back for a second sip, it was like drinking a blue electro zapper dapper, an icy pole from when I was younger.

"I thought you would be back at the room." Sterling leaned back in his chair, lifting his arms across his body, his white shirt riding up, as he folded his hands behind his head like a pillow and stared at the sky.

"Oh...I like it out here." I lied. I did in fact, try to get back into the room, I had packed up and headed back when I woke up but I realised I didn't have my key card. I had knocked the door for five minutes and decided to come back here and wait till two in the morning, when Sterling normally came pounding down the door because he forgot his key card.

"Right." he said, like he almost didn't believe me as well. I took another sip of the drink as we sat there in silence before he spoke again, "Our parents called."

I groaned, "What do they want now?"

"Wondering if we were both alive." he said as a cold gust of wind blew past and I wondered if he was cold. His fitted white shirt surely couldn't be that warm, does he want his jacket back?

"I told them you were alive but you cast me away onto an island."

"What did they say to that?"

"That I probably deserved it." Sterling chuckled, turning his head to look at me before closing his eyes. It was almost like he was going to bed, he looked almost peaceful laying there. His slightly overgrown hair needed a haircut, as the loos strands were moving with the wind, brushing against his forehead as the wind blew the other way.

His hair wasn't the only thing that grew, his sharp jawline was littered with stubble, it was lousy but neat. Somehow it was a look that suited Sterling, only he could get away with being so unshaven and messy but still look like he did it on purpose.

He seemed relaxed, before his eyes suddenly opened and I nearly flinched at being caught staring at him. I resisted looking away because he had already caught me staring, and if I looked away then it would have been obvious I was staring, but less obvious if I continued to stare instead.

"What time is it?" He asked as he rolled onto his back.

I pressed the home button on my phone to bring up the screen, "One." I said.

Sterling shot up, like the chair was on fire and raised his hands stretching.

"I'm late."

"For bed?" I asked confused.

"No. I'm late for another game." He said letting his hands drop besides him and smiled, a smile that would charm everyone but me.

"Don't wait up for me darling wife." he said as he started to walk. The rationale voice inside of mind told me to ask him for his key card, I could get it and go to sleep.