10

I apologise for the delayed update, I had exams, but going to be updating every week now that i have mid semester exams over :)

Something smelled good.

I opened my eyes, and then shut them immediately when harsh light flooded into my pupils,god why were the curtains open. I groaned turing around in bed stretching, the warmth and coziness made me want to go back to sleep.

My eyes flew open and I sat up in head, my head pounding and half my face numb, crap, how am I in his bed again. I flung the covers back looking at all the white cloth, please tell me I didn't bleed all over them.

Nope, thank god.

I fixed the bed making it neat before I went into my room to brush my teeth. I had to get to the bottom of it, why the hell were they fighting like wild animals. Sterling I got, he was pretty much a wild monkey, but Duncan?

What had gotten into him?

I rinsed my mouth looking up at the mirror and choked.

Oh god.

I splashed some cold water on my face hoping it was just some shadows, but no, the whole middle area of my nose was blue.

Dark blue looking like I had a black eye but for my nose.

I lifted my head, well my nose didn't look to bad, my face did. My injuries from the mugging haven't even healed yet and I had more. Frowning at my ugly reflection I turned around walking downstairs. God I needed a coffee. My head was throbbing like I had a hangover.

I didn't drink did I?

Sterling was sitting at the kitchen bench reading something intently, his eyebrows knotting, mouth in a pursed line and nose scrunched, I walked over, "What are you reading?"

He nearly jumped in his chair, "Jesus where did you come from?" and I wasn't sure if it was because of my face he got a fright or because he didn't notice me, I self consciously touched my nose.

"What are you reading so intently."

I looked over at the newspaper, but he grabbed it before I could. "Hey," I said looking up into his eyes, "What are you reading?" Now that made me even more curious.

"Aedan stop," he said as he tugged the paper with such force I nearly tripped over again. Nah uh, he wasn't going to get away with it that easily.

"No let me see." I grabbed it and gave it a tug with just as force, and it ripped, what usually happens when two people pull on a piece of delicate item in opposite directions.

"Oops." I said frowning, but the picture caught my attention and I tilted my head to look at it.

"I told you not to look at it." He said trying to reach for it but I slapped his hand away.

I cringed, "At least I look...cute." I said. As cute as someone can be with blood all over their hands and face, I looked like I was in a crime scene.

"What?"

"I think I look cute." I gave him the paper back walking to the fridge, he could keep it, I really didn't want to read what the article said, Brawl at an exhibition opening, I hardly call two people a brawl.

Stupid journalists.

"Uh yeah, I guess."

I meant the angle was flattering, they got my dress swinging around my legs, my eyes wide and a pretty brown and bright blood.