36

The beauty of Wattpad is that you can write long chapters or short chapters, so whilst the says it's chapter 36, it's probably not anywhere near the end so don't worry (no one is worrying but I thought I would get in before people start to) there's heaps of Sterling and Aedan to come :)

Comment one thing you desperately want to know/waiting for to happen here!

***

I was late, really late by the time I reached their studio. Through the glass doors I could see that the place was buzzing with people. 

I gave the money to the taxi driver and hopped out, crossing the busy street as quick as my heels would allow me before I could get run over by a car or tram.

Sterling said it was fine if I was late since this was just a casual cocktail event, but I still felt bad that I was two hours late. He probably assumed I was going to be the token half an hour late. 

It didn't help that my entrance was obvious, as the door made some hideous sound as I opened it and a few people turned to look at me, probably looking disheveled as ever.

Perhaps I should have come straight from work in my workwear, seeing what the other female attendees were wearing, I felt very overdressed. The guys were in suits, which sort of made me feel a bit better but there were some people in jeans.

Meanwhile I was in a floor length dress, it was casual and boring, but the fact that it was long made me feel like I was way too overdressed.

It was a black sleeveless black dress, what I considered to be boring, the only thing exciting about it was the slit up the side which was really not necessary as it was a loose fitting which barely showed the slit off. Maybe I shouldn't have worn this green and white gemstone Swarovski necklace which really dressed it up.

Where are the toilets? I could stash it in my purse. Before I could locate the toilets, I found Sterling, at least he was dressed up.

He was in a corner, holding a glass of alcohol, typical, looking definitely bored as he chatted to a bunch of other men. His head nodded but I could see his eyes almost rolling into the back of his head, or glancing at his watch. 

Was he waiting for me? Or was he waiting to get out of here?

His eyes darted around the room before they landed on me and he nodded, lifting up a hand to wave at me.

There goes the mad bathroom necklace hide.

I headed over to him, interrupting the very boring conversation of some type of sports. He almost looked relieved to see me, excusing himself as he placed his hand flat against my back pushing me in the direction he wanted to go.

"Sorry I'm late, I couldn't get out of work."

"It's all good, I don't care anyway," he said and then corrected himself, "Not that I don't care about you, I mean I don't care that you're late like it's all okay." he rambled in case I took offence against it. 

"It's fine," I said patting his arm as he got flustered, "What's tonight about?"

He turned around the corner towards more paintings, it was quieter down here with people looking at the art rather than mingling like in the main room.

"Just a new exhibit, we normally hold these events before each one to see if anyone is interested in buying any paintings. This one stinks though, it'll ugly paintings," Sterling said rolling his eyes.

"Careful, the green eyed monster is showing."

"Whatever," He said as we walked around the room. The paintings were mainly of flowers and trees, giving me a further hint that they were Ethan's work. Not that I needed more of a hint when Sterling was almost saying each one sucked, almost in a joking way since he laughed after each criticism, but maybe it wasn't all just a joke.