13

That wasn't my voice, even though that was pretty much what I wanted to say. I looked behind me seeing a not so familiar face, and I looked at him in confusion.

"Alright chill, you could have said if you had a boyfriend, bitch." he muttered the last part under his breathe and if he didn't run off I would have thrown my glass at him. Arsehole. His spot was taken by the taller man leaning over the counter calling out to the bar staff, "Uh thanks I guess." I said.

"Don't mention it."

I shrugged, alright, I won't, but thank you anyway. I was just about to walk off when I heard him speak up again, "You're Aedan aren't you?"

I stopped, "Have we met?"

"No, not really." I stared at him as he looked at me with those blue eyes smiling, "I'm Ethan." He stuck his hand out and I hesitated before shaking it, the polite thing to do, who knows he might have heard about my business and wanted a renovation or design.

"I'm your husband's friend."

Or not, well, that was a disappointment. Which surprised me that Sterling had somewhat of a nice friend, "Right." I nodded holding onto my glass.

"Oh Ethan! Man, finally, two hours late" speak of the devil, Sterling clapped the man on the back smiling and then the smile faded when he saw me, "I see you met the she-devil."

I raised an eyebrow, "She devil?" I asked, how many drinks did they have by the time I went to get water. Ethan chuckled as he grabbed the glass from the waitress, "Yeah, I got caught up in work, want a drink?" He asked Sterling.

"You head back to the table I have to order for everyone." By habit I almost asked out if he was using my card, but he didn't have access anymore, and I noticed the note in his hand.

Wonder where he got that from.

"I'll wait." His friend said and I looked at my filled water glass decided it was best for me to head back. I still had all my untouched fries that were cold.

They weren't cold.

They were gone.

The bowl was empty, apart from the seasoning at the bottom, yes please, go ahead and eat my chips.

I didn't even offer them! Or Sterling, whoever ate it, still hungry I sat down and drank from the water, maybe I can fill up on water till I get home. No way I was spending a fortune for chips again.

"Oi, move in." I looked up at Sterling and Ethan who had come back holding trays of drinks, sighing I complied moving into the booth but keeping my distance from the person next to me. I wonder if the seats in this booth get cleaned often?

Deep in thought I didn't realise I was staring at his friend who sent a smile my way and I cleared my throat looking away. I wonder if our parens have left?

* * *

"It's cold." I shivered wrapping my thin cardigan around me, I wasn't expecting it to be this cold, or else I would have brought a thicker jacket. I had blindly had forgotten to grab it in my rush to get out of the house before my parents woke up.

Thankfully they were fast asleep by the time Sterling and I returned home. The idiot was blind drunk off his face. I don't get why he had so much, or where he got the money from. Surely it wasn't my account, I had checked on my app and it was untouched.

Who cares, I needed sleep.

* * * 

"Joe I thought we said lime was horrible," I rubbed my forehead already getting a headache. "They said summery, I hate to repeat myself." I was so close to firing them all. But I shouldn't make rash decisions when I was sleep deprived.

Just be calm Aedan take deep breathes and give them one more chance.

"We changed the colour, this is three shades brighter than the last one."

"This is still no sunflower yellow!" I raised my voice, if anything it was more like a highlighter, bright, and it hurt the eyes.

Nelly cleared her throat behind me, "What?"

"Your lawyer is here to see you," She whispered.

I was about to tell her to make him wait when I realised what she said, my lawyer. "Show Joe what sunflower yellow is, where is he?"

"Conference room four."

I rushed over trying not to run in front of my staff and make them curious about what was happening, I needed this to be kept quiet. Harrington didn't like to waste time, he passed me a folder as soon as I walked in and sat down.

"The documents are in there."

"You're a legend," I smiled opening it, and flicking through it, there was a lot of paperwork, "Read every sentence carefully, this is not the final one. I will bring the final documents next week, you need to sign it." I nodded.

I could do that right now and give him my signature with the utmost accuracy, I couldn't help but feel excited as I looked at the documents. I knew I paid him a good wage for this.

"But." I looked up.

"You need to get Sterling to sign it as well."

I nodded, while he raised an eyebrow, "Don't worry Harrington, it's going to be easy." I had a foolproof plan. Harrington stared at me for a moment longer before nodding, "Alright Aedan, Are you sure you want to do this."

I nodded. I could feel it, the heavy barrier lifted I was going to be divorced. And I couldn't wait.

"I'll fax these documents over as soon as I finish them, by tonight if I can, just try to hurry up with the other ones."

"Take your time and read it, you guys had a contract, you're going to winning your whatever but you're going to lose a lot."

"I can live with it." I knew exactly what I signed up for, and I knew how to make sure that this divorce was clean, mess free and still keep everything that I had. Harrington raised an eyebrow.

"My parents don't know right."

"No I haven't told them."

"Good, don't." It might have been a bit risky just using my family lawyer, but he was there when the contract was forged, and he knew every loophole if there was any.

"Aedan."

I looked up, "I'm saying this as a friend, not a lawyer, are you sure about this."

"I can't live with him Harrington."

"Alright well...keep your distance from him, you know-,"

"I Know." I said shuddering, like that would ever happen, "You said a week right?"

He nodded standing up and grabbing his stuff, "Just read it carefully. I left some notes for you at the back of how you can do this."

"Thank you."

"Don't thank me just yet, this is going to be messy...very messy"

I didn't think so, but I nodded. He walked away leaving me with the papers and I couldn't wait. I could taste it, the divorce. I flicked right to the back to see his notes, points on how we can make this happen without losing what we already had. They were different from my points.

I sighed closing the folder and rubbing my hand, all I needed was a pen, and a week to get the paperwork all done. And then sign it.

Easy, right?