Chapter 50

With every action, there's a reaction, or something like that, it was Newton's third law.

The size of the focus of the first action is meant to be the same as the second reaction, at least in the theory that was tested. Here, well I knew that if Sterling went up, the size of his action would not be equal to the size of the first reaction, and rightfully so.

But there are consequences for every action and well, judging by the hard look in his eyes, the not so gentle wrap of his palm around my wrist causing me slight discomfort and his stiff body, the consequence was probably going to be something regretful. 

"Nothing, I'm fine, are we getting lunch or not?" I asked, hoping to divert the topic but of course it was going to take more than a promise of the launch he wanted to divert Sterling.

He was fixated on it so I gently pulled my hand out of his grasp, before he was going to snap it in half.

"Fine," he said, surprising me, making a turn to head to the car and then pausing, "Let me go to the bathroom first."

"Yeah sure," I scoffed, "You can go at the venue, we're going to. restaurant right?"

"I'm busting," Sterling said.

Like he could trick me, and if he was indeed busting to go to the toilet there were plenty of bushes around us and he had the benefit of being a man who could go in public pretty swiftly and easily.

This time it was my turn to grab his arm as he made a move to walk back to the office.

"Sterling, I've handled it, now, can we go get food before I get hangry?"

There was another long pause that was filled with Sterling's face going from irritation to annoyance to anger and maybe back to irritation when he realised that I wasn't going to let him go up. 

"You've handled it?" he asked me, or perhaps he was repeating it to himself.

"Yes, I have handled it."

"Are you going to tell me at least what happened?"

I sighed, I guess telling him wouldn't hurt.

"Just a now former employee of mine thought he would confess his love to me, simple and it's been handled and on Monday I'll send some CCTV to the police to file a complaint okay, not a big deal."

"Not a big deal?" perhaps telling him wasn't giving him the closure I intended for, he looked angrier, "How is someone violating your body not a big deal? It's a big deal for me and maybe if he had his body violated we can call it equal."

"He has, with a stapler, trust me he's not going to touch me again."

Well I had no guarantee on that but Sterling didn't need to know, but that's why I was going to make a police complaint, again, I can't seem to get away from the police these days. Maybe then I could get a restraining order against him, or some form of recorded notice in case he tries it again.

I winced when I felt a finger on my lips, for a moment when Sterling told me I was bleeding earlier I wasn't sure if it was my blood or his, but now it was sore when he touched me and I knew it was mine after all.

Don't think about it, I told myself, thinking about it was going to make that bile violently rush up my body if I didn't get food in here ASAP. Not that I wanted to eat, but a distraction would help. 

"Stapler," Sterling scoffed, "I think I should show him how else a stapler should work. Who is it?"

"Let's get lunch," I let go of his arm and went to the car, for a moment through my peripheral vision I could see him take a step towards the office building, and I honestly didn't have the energy to run after him so I would've given up.