7

"Should you really be at work?"

I looked up hearing Duncan's voice.

"Oh, yeah," I shrugged stirring my coffee, "I have work to do. Also sorry about the other day I got caught up with something," I said, not admitting that I forgot he was even there in the lounge room. I was too distracted by that statue. I had to buy super glue to fix it on the way home.

"No that's alright, it was rude of me to invite myself over."

"No no, you were helping me with my missing data, thank you." I smiled. Duncan nodded and I grabbed my cup walking out.

I wasn't going to stay long at work, I was here because I had a meeting, a meeting with my lawyer.

I walked into my office my eyes stinging at the sharp slight coming in, god why did my head still hurt? And this stupid nausea that wouldn't go away.

I looked at the old man in the chair already there, "Harrington." I nodded walking around to my desk, "You should have told me you were here." I wouldn't have spent so long trying to make a coffee. The old man smiled, wrinkles forming around his eyes, "It's alright, I can wait. I heard what happened to you the other night, are you okay?"

I frowned, why were people talking about that, and how did everyone know? It was almost like Sterling was tweeting it live, but then I wouldn't really be surprised if he was.

"I'm fine."

"Did you want to pursue legal ac-,"

"You know I didn't call you about that." he knew exactly why I called him. Harrington sighed and nodded grabbing his brown suitcase type bag and placing it on my neat table, "Yes I do."

"Well what do you think you can do about it?" I knew he read my email. "I'll look into it," He nodded.

I frowned taking a sip of the warm liquid, and my stomach didn't like the taste nearly pushing it back up. I pushed my cup away.

"I don't want you to just look into it Harrington, I want you to make sure that I get a divorce." The one year limit was over, and we still haven't consummated the marriage, so technically it should be extremely easy to get a divorce.

"Are you sure about this?" Harrington asked, rubbing his knee. Something he did often when he was deep in thought. 

"Of course I'm sure!" and I knew exactly how to get Sterling to sign the papers. Soon, I could be a free woman. And my parents had no say in this what so ever. I had been listening to them for the past few years and look where that's gotten me, in worse situations.

Speaking of parents I had about six missed calls from them, I better call them after this meeting.

"I can't get documents ready right away, it'll take at least a week to a fortnight."

I waved a hand, "That's good enough for me." as long as I got them, a fortnight was better than a lifetime with this man. Harrington nodded grabbing his stuff as he left, and he handed me an envelope, "That was the agreement you had, read through it again."

I read through it a million times, I took it but chucked it into the draw, I didn't need to read it again. I knew the agreement backwards, word to word.

"Thanks,"

"Don't thank me just yet."

I frowned but nodded as I watched him walk out of my office before I sighed. My head was spinning and so was my stomach. A part of me wanted to go home and curl up in bed, but the other part laughed. Was I that weak?

I had so much to do, I better suck it up and get back to work, especially all the things that I lost, I had to make up for that.

There was a knock on my door after a bit and I called out for the person to enter, not expecting Nelly.