16

Happy new year! I hope you all had a much better start to the new year compared to myself, I hope 2021 comes fast...

What are your resolutions this year?

I didn't see or hear from Sterling and dare I say I was getting a bit worried? The cruise had left the dock nearly six hours ago, the sun had set a long time ago and all I could hear was waves crashing into the side of the boat and the podcast I was playing.

I wasn't worried for his safety as much as my bank account and money. Was he gambling it away like normal?

I grunted kicking the chair of the table on the deck and closing my temporary laptop. I didn't want to go find him, but if he was just going to be spending my money I ought to know.

Locking all the doors I grabbed my jacket, wrapping it around me as I headed out of the room. Now that I was walking, I felt quite uneasy. The cruise was massive in fact it was one of the biggest vessels on the water I had ever seen. Yet the ocean was bigger and every wave that slammed into it sent a tiny rocking motion, but for my stomach it felt like a tsunami.

I placed a hand against my lower abdomen, I had felt nothing when I was sitting which was weird.

I headed down the very long corridor and to the elevator, heading straight down to the main part of the cruise. As soon as the elevator doors opened I knew I was going to have a tough time finding him. I was assaulted with loud music, smells of all kinds and people all over the place.

I started walking through the crowd, it was taking me an awful lot of time to work my way through the crowd. 

"Excuse me," I muttered as I was pushed past a lot of drunk bodies, and I wasn't even in the 18 plus section yet.

I grumbled losing my patience and pushing my way through towards the deck where it was a little bit quieter, but still very chaotic. Perhaps all the new cruise lifestyle vibes will wear off and everyone will be more settled in the next few days.

The fresh air was chilly, the smell of salt from the ocean somewhat calming down as I walked towards the railing.

I wasn't feeling that well all of a sudden. I leaned against the railing looking down at the ocean, thinking that the big waves would calm me. Except they did the opposite. 

"Oh dear." I whispered gripping the railing, it was icy cold under my fingers relaxing me a bit, but not a much. I closed my eyes, the wind howling in my ears as I was starting to feel dizzy.

"Are you going to vomit?" A voice asked from behind me.

My eyes flew open at the familiar voice and I looked over my shoulder "Ethan." I said, remember Sterling's friend from the bar. 

"Oh you remember my name!" he said smiling his pearly white teeth as bright as the moon behind him.

I turned away from him and looked back at the waves. Didn't they say that you felt motion sickness when your body felt like you were moving but your eyes didn't see that, making your brain confused. So why am I still feeling sick when I was staring at the big waves, trying to tell my brain that I was in fact moving.

"Are you okay?" Ethan took a step closer, planing a warm hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah I think so." I replied. 

"Did you eat?" He asked.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Sometimes you need to eat heavy carbs, that settles the stomach. So, did you eat?"