27

I stared at the divorce papers confused to whether Sterling had his own drawn up. I quickly opened my emails to see that mine were still sitting in my inbox and Sterling was not copied in.

Perhaps he was also on the same wave length as I was, get out of this marriage. 

I looked at this documents, they were bigger with more clauses in it, but it was pretty much the same. The surprising thing was that they didn't mention a split of money, in fact it asked for no property or monetary consideration.

It simple stated that we were parting.

I wondered when he started getting his own written up, it was a long process that just didn't happen overnight. Which meant he had to be thinking about this for a while.

I tossed it to the side of my table deciding to get to them later, I would have to scan them and send it to my lawyer first.

I mean...they looked fine but it was worth someone else to have a look even if that delayed the process a little bit more. I was also confused to why he bothered coming here to apologise if he also wanted a divorce.

And what he was going to say if it wasn't for Duncan cutting him off.

Oh crap, Duncan.

I closed my computer grabbing my phone as I went into the office to find Duncan. He was sitting at his desk, sipping on coffee as I approached him.

"Hey Duncan, you wanted to talk about something?"

"Oh hey Aedan, you got a tan!" he commented.

"Did you need something from me?" I asked.

"Oh no...I just was going to welcome you back but I didn't realise your husband was there as well. How was the trip?" 

"Great." I muttered, "I'll catch up later." I said making a beeline out of his desk space, I didn't have time for chats. I found Joe working in his small office, he was still pestering over the colours for the house.

"Hey Joe." I said as I approached him "You know that favour you asked for before I went on my trip, consider it done."

"Really?" the old man asked as he beamed with joy, "I don't need much, just a down payment for the operation."

"That's fine Joe. Consider if a personal loan just don't tell anyone." I said as I walked around the desk. I was reluctant to give staff personal loans from the company, but Joe was a good man. And perhaps I needed to help people a little bit more.

"I'll need the lawyers to draw up a contract but I'll send the money before the legal stuff anyway. Just send me an email later with details ok."

"I really appreciate this, if you ever need my help, let me know."

"Thanks, not let's get back to deciding these colours shall we? We're two weeks behind and we really cannot afford any loss in profits." I said. At the back of my mind was the lagging thought that Dominic may use anything to his advantage. 

I helped Joe et all the colours out and notifying him that I had already ordered the colours for this set so there wouldn't be any confusion down the track.

We had been working for a few hours before he looked up, breaking the silence of us working. 

"Do you mind if I get off a bit earlier today?"

"Of course not." I said a I looked up from the colour board, "got plans?"

"It's my wife and I's 50th anniversary."

"Oh wow."

"Yeah, a miletone so I planned something for her."

"That's nice. Congratulations for making it that far." I said making a mental note to order him some flowers for his desk tomorrow.