3

Thanks to Levi, ten years of working for him and going to many important events, (Y/n)'s cupboard has various dresses in it. She doesn't see the need to buy a new dress for tomorrow's event. 

Hence, tonight, Levi's credit card remains untouched. 

"I can't believe Ms. Zoe is getting married tomorrow. It was like yesterday she was still single and carefree.. Not that she isn't carefree anymore now." (Y/n) sighs as she settles herself inside her small and tidy apartment. 

After changing her work clothes into a comfy shirt and shorts, the woman scampered off to the kitchen, eager to have a bowl of instant ramen, "Aaaaah.. Cheese flavoured spicy ramen is the best to eat after you just had a long ass day~ Oh ! With sausages toppings ! Heheh.." (Y/n) takes out instant ramen from the kitchen cabinet and soon her fingers are busy opening the plastic packaging. 

"Ah-" She stops fiddling with it, "That's right.. I have to be in a dress tomorrow, I guess there's no ramen for me tonight." Her shoulders slump down in disappointment as she puts back the instant ramen to its previous place. 

She plants herself on the bed and run her fingers through her disheveled locks, "I wonder if someday I can have that day.. Being married and not having to work overnight every damn day." (Y/n) sighs. 

(L/n) (Y/n). A woman who has a clean and professional image in the office, is actually an easy going and friendly person. She's also kind. But aside from that personality, she can be sarcastic, scary, and stern at the same time. 

"I hope everything goes well for Ms. Hanji and her groom tomorrow.." With that, she drifts off to the dreamland. 

--Dream-- 

She wailed and wailed. Her tiny hands were covering her ears from the clamorous sound of the thunder. Tears were streaming down her soft chubby cheeks. The boy beside her didn't know what to do, for he was used to this kind of cruel weather. 

"D-don't cry.." He said in a hoarse and raspy voice. 

But the girl seemed to be ignoring his words as she continued to cry her eyes out of fear, "I..." she hiccuped, "I don't have m-my blanket with me. I usually use it t-to.." the girl sobbed, "to shield myself from the evil thunder.." Her small body trembled due to cold and fear.  

Tilting his head, the soiled boy was clueless. The sight of the little girl in front of him made his heart clench. 

Slowly, his pale bony hands reached out to her. Those hands pulled the girl close to his meager figure and held her close as he caressed her hair softly. His mother always did this to him whenever he was in the same state as her, so he tried copying his mother's actions. 

To his luck, her cries slowly ceased down a bit as she found comfort in his arms. 

"I never had a blanket.. but I'll try my best to be one. So please, don't cry.." The boy calmed her down. Her tiny fingers clenching on his filthy and worn out clothes. And the boy, for once, felt happy that she put her trust in him. She trusted him that he'll protect her from the thunder. 

Despite the cold weather and his thin body, she found warmth in him. 

And so, she nestled her tiny body into him. 

-- End of dream-- 

(E/c) eyes fluttered open. 

The apricity has found its way through the window and woke the woman. 

She sits up, yawning in the process, "That dream again.." Then she cracks her back and neck, "I wonder who he was.." 

"Who are you really..?" Her hands reach the bedside table, grabbing a thin, childish looking book from the drawer. She flips open the first page. It's a diary she wrote right the day after she met that mysterious boy. The sluggish and messy handwriting makes her smile, recalling those days where she was missing the boy's presence.