58

--Next day-- At the hospital --

"I'm alright ! I'm telling you, I'm fine now !"

The two have been quarreling ever since (Y/n) insisted on going back to the office to catch up on some things, but her grumpy vice president doesn't allow her to do so.

Levi ponders for a few seconds before sending his girlfriend a stern glare.

"No."

"Really ? A full check-up for just passing out briefly ? Oh come on ! I've had worse, I don't need this much rest or treatment, sir," (Y/n) is only inches away from throwing a tantrum like a kid.

"Passing out even briefly means you're not all that well, now listen to me brat-"

She crosses her arms, "I can't. I need to go to work."

"Just take a day off you stubborn little shit."

"I can't, I have tons to get through today. Moreover, Ms. Reiss cannot handle all my work. She still has a lot to learn so I need to be there to guide her too. Not only that, some board members are probably looking for my assistance."

Levi sighs, "I have to admit, I valued your sense of responsibility and passion for these past 9 years," he then cupped her cheeks, "but for now, it's a no. Because you're my woman."

"My woman.." (Y/n) blinked.

She then looks up to him, her cheeks still being cupped. (Y/n) raises both her clenched hands which are shaped like kitten paws, "can you see me cringing ?" Sarcasm laced in her voice as she grins nervously, "what are you going to do about that ?"

"Good. I believe it'll be very hard to work with those hands, so it's been decided.. you'll take a day off." Levi replies as he copies the shape of her cringing hands, and with those hands he squishes her cheeks.

His secretary stands there, dumbfounded, "wait what ?"

"I'll just go to that board meeting so tell me if anything's up. You can still call me even if nothing's up just in case you miss me." In a swift movement, Levi leans down a bit to give her a quick peck on her nose before dismissing himself with a smug face.

(Y/n) was left there, pouting and sighing in annoyance since she's not allowed to work.

----------------------

"So this is the Ackerman Department Store that's due to open in Liberio next week-"

Hanji is currently presenting the marketing plan on a large projector, in front of many board members, when suddenly the CEO cuts her off.

"The opening event is creative enough and since we'll be launching a brand that hasn't been introduced in Trost, it'll draw enough attention. And we have Liberio's biggest adult's cafe coming in, so the marketing team could highlight that, too. I say this would be a successful opening," Levi stated.

The brown haired woman stood there with her mouth agape, "I.. Um, yes, I agree with you, sir,"

"Then why don't we wrap up for today ?"

Without waiting for anyone's opinion, Levi stands from his chair in the meeting room and storms out quickly, leaving the other meeting members speechless upon his weird actions.

"What's gotten into him ?"

"He's usually awfully picky about new brands.."

"I thought this meeting would last for 3 hours or so, it's only been 20 minutes !"