31

"(Y/n), you have a guest waiting for you at the lobby, he requests your presence right now. It seems important."

The mentioned woman hums, "'he' ? What was the name ?"

"I.." Historia rubs the back of her neck sheepishly, "I forgot to ask."

"Next time, make sure to ask the guest's name. We always keep a record of the guests' name and data that pay a visit to Ackerman Company in case we need to track them. Well then, I'm heading out."

(Y/n) rises from her seat behind the receptionist desk, cracking her neck in the process since she's been sitting for too long. Deep inside her heart, the secretary regretted not bringing the neck pillow that Falco had given to her. So far, she's only used it for watching movies and anime series on Netflix.

After all, It'll be such a waste if she didn't bring it to the office right ?

-------------

(Y/n)'s hair swayed as she strides over to the front lobby promptly. But then..

She stops in her tracks as soon as she sees the 'guest'.

'Oh great, you've got to be fucking kidding me...' With a roll of her eyes, she approaches a middle aged man, dressed in rather casual clothes.

And of course... his trademark round glasses and beard.

Thus, she proceeds to head towards him, this time, faster.

"So.." The woman stops precisely in front of him, a skeptical look plastered on her beautiful face, "..you're my guest ?"

He grins, "Yes, Ms. (Y/n) (L/n)."

"How do you know my name and my workplace ?"

Crossing her arms over her chest, (Y/n) huffs out of annoyance. This is truly ridiculous. Really unacceptable. The guy who literally flirted and asked for her number is here again.

"You don't seem happy to see me." Zeke pouts upon witnessing her displeased face.

(Y/n) choked a laugh in a snarky attitude, "Of course not. Because I have no reason to."

"You know, I thought you were pretty rude when you were so persistent, asking for my number, but I think this is no manners to even come to my workplace !" She spat.

"Then should I just get going ?"

Seeing Zeke jerks his thumb to the direction of the exit door, she sends him a firm nod, "as you should."

Without waiting for an answer, (Y/n) took a step to leave him there.

"You're so cold-hearted. And who was the one who sent me an email asking to meet you ?" He retorted.

She stopped. (Y/n) turns to face him again, "oh yeah ? When did I ?"

"You asked me to do a book concert at Ackerman Company."

"When did I-"

*Thump...thump !*

Her heart skips a beat. The woman's eyes widened in realization as she begins to recall the proposal she had sent the other day, regarding the book concert.. She did send an email to a famous author..