61

"Levi, it's an emergency."

Levi makes his way to his study, still grumbling, "it better be a real emergency, eyebrows."

"You know that French brand that we signed an exclusive deal with ? It appears that the Azumabito Group is negotiating with them too."

"But the deal has been sealed, so what's this about ? If they do breach the contract that has been made, it means we have the right to drive out all of their affiliates from our department stores." Levi stated.

He then hears Erwin sighs from the other side of the line, "I just reviewed the figures with our legal team but the loss on our end will be greater. They boast high sales figures, so-"

"Tch, send me the estimates of the amount of loss along with the data that compares their profits from our department stores with our rival's for the past 3 years. I don't know what Azumabito Group's offers are but they won't take the risk of withdrawing all their brands from our store. I'll have to meet with them again to re-negotiate. It looks like that's what they're after."

"That means we'll have to go to France, huh ?"

"It seems so. Let's leave right away tomorrow." With that, the raven haired man ends the call. His fingers begin to skim through some statistics documents regarding this sudden emergency. As his brain begins to work hard, he.... forgot a certain woman in the living room, who was left with her buttons undone, alone.

Time seems to pass so quickly because by the time Levi finishes his research about the rival company, it's already midnight. He stretches his back and heads to the living room, punching himself internally for forgetting his girlfriend.

'If I go to Paris tomorrow, I won't be seeing Ms. (L/n) for at least a week.. That means I can't just waste the night tonight.'

Guilt washed over him when Levi found (Y/n) already dozing off on the sofa. The bottle of wine that they enjoyed earlier is now empty, well, that explains everything.

'Just when we were in the mood.. She fell asleep, drunk.'

He carefully sat himself on the sofa just right beside her sleeping form. His steel blue eyes admire every inch of her body, worshiping it silently with adoration. Levi thanked the gods up there for creating such a beautiful and amazing human being that's willing to stay by his side. He, deep down, thanked (Y/n)'s late mother, for giving a life to this wonderful woman.

He leans down a little, "Oi brat."

Silence..

"I have to go on a business trip tomorrow. Once I depart I won't be able to see you for at least a week."

(Y/n) shifts a little, "...hmph." She unconsciously crosses her arms as if she's annoyed.

"If we just let tonight pass like this then you'll be extremely sorry."

Silence..

"Brat, can you even hear me ?" He clicked his tongue, but then he's shocked by how (Y/n) suddenly snores loudly, "Oi !"

"Mmgh... Jerk."

Levi's jaw dropped to the floor. Did she just curse at him in her sleep ?

'Looks like she's too tired,' the man chuckles to himself before gently picking up her body from the sofa in a bridal style and taking his secretary to his room. Levi tucks her into the bed and put a blanket over her. Then, he places a gentle peck on her forehead before saying his 'good night'. His steel blue eyes then darted to her lips.