28

"Here, have some of this too."

The black haired elderly woman smiles at his kindness, "I'm alright, young man. Suit yourself."

In short, Zeke had come up with a cunning idea to have dinner with the Ackerman Family. And not just that, he brought along his parents too. Dina Fritz and Grisha Jaeger. Zeke claimed that he missed being together with Kuchel, Kenny, and her son, Levi so he offered Mrs. Ackerman to have dinner together as some sort of reunion.

Even though the Beast Enterprise is the Ackerman Company's biggest rival..

Being the sweetheart she was, Kuchel immediately accepted the invitation. Kenny, of course, sensed something wrong. But he just decided to be chill and play along, and only act if something's getting out of hand.

But not with Levi, who still holds a grudge against the fucking monkey.

Seeing his mother being excited about the small reunion, celebrating Zeke's comeback, he couldn't help but comply to her wish. Trying to keep her happy at all costs.

If Kuchel wanted to have a chat with the Jaeger family, then so be it.

And there they are. Six people sitting around a long dining table in the Jaeger household, having small chats as well as grabbing a bite.

"Levi, dear.." She softly calls to her son, who then glances up from his plate, "we should've called (Y/n) here too, that'd be lovely."

Zeke perks up his head, "(Y/n) ?"

His mind drifts to their last encounter, then he remembers the name on her ID card.

"Yes, she's Levi's secretary. The only one he trusts and relies on. I'm so grateful and relieved to have her by my son's side."

The blonde nods, "what a pretty name, (Y/n) (L/n)." Her name rolled out of his tongue, making Levi cringes in disgust quietly.

"I'm sure she's a pretty lady." Dina chimes in.

Grisha only heeds to the conversation without a single word.

Then Kuchel has an idea, "before we go, let's call her and we'll all have-"

"Did you hear the new dates for the Art Center ?" Levi cuts off his mother before she could finish her sentence, making the wrinkly woman confused since her son has never acted like this before.

Kenny lets out a small snort, "Ah yes, I heard you made that decision because of Rose Inc. Good work, shorty, I knew you were a fighter like me."

He knows. Kenny knows why Levi suddenly changes the topic.

Because Levi doesn't want Zeke to have an access to his girl.

The whole table then proceeds to have a bit more of chit chat here and there, but ever since Levi turned down the topic of (Y/n), Zeke became quieter. And this went on until their dinner was over.

----------- Later ------------

"Have some wine, captain."

Zeke presented him a clear glass of an old wine that his family owns. He sits across from the man.

"I'll just have some tea when I get home later. Drink that on your own, you monkey." Levi's busy scrolling through his phone. Poor Zeke, he really wants to annoy the hell out of Levi.

Luckily, he still has a trick up his sleeves, "So, about that secretary.."

"(Y/n) (L/n).. I'm curious what she's like."