71

(Y/n) shuddered at the feeling of the cold breeze of the chilly night biting her skin. She had changed into more comfortable clothes before going out to look for Levi and her father. Just when she stops on a sidewalk, two silhouettes are approaching her.

"I love you~"

"Yeah yeah I love you too, my son in law."

Her brain tries to process what's happening between those two as they walk closer to the woman, 'what the fuck did I just hear..?'

She sees her father linking his arms around Levi's, trying to help him walk steadily since the vice president is heavily drunk at the moment. The elderly man chortled, "you need to be good to (Y/n), alright ? What I want isn't a rich son in law, but a son in law who can make (Y/n) happy."

"Yess sir~" Levi nods deeply, his head feels heavy as fuck.

When (Y/n) comes into their field of view, her father is the first one to wave his hand at her daughter, "ah, you're waiting for us."

In a drunken state, Levi's eyes glittered when he spotted the secretary standing on a sidewalk with a confused and pissed look on her face, the vice president then frees himself from Mr. (L/n)'s arm.

"My girlfriend !" He slurred in happiness while running sluggishly towards the woman, making grabby motions with his hands.

However, Mr. (L/n) is quick to yank him by the back of his shirt collar to prevent the young man from pouncing on his daughter like a wild animal, "sorry about that, I guess he's quite excited." The old man chuckles, "we went out to grab some drinks and I managed to get him to speak truthfully."

"Ugh.. What am I going to do with you ? It's only been a few days since you were discharged and you two got drunk already ? Dad, you'll be seventy soon, you need to think about your health now. And-"

"Oi brat !"

She was cut off by Levi who suddenly scolded her. He puts his hands on his hips while leaning his face forward, pouting, "what's with your attitude to my father in law, huh ?"

"The same goes for you, Mr. Ackerman ! You have a meeting with the board tomorrow, you hardly have time to review the agendas. Behave, will you ?"

The man's lower lip begins to tremble as he sulks after being nagged by (Y/n).

Mr. (L/n) pats his daughter's shoulder, "well, I'm heading to bed first. You should grab a taxi for my dear son in law, I believe he prefers to wake up in his own house. You wouldn't want to take care of someone who'll face a hangover tomorrow."

"Wait.. son in law ??"

Her father ignores her as he heads towards (Y/n)'s apartment.

Once her father is out of sight, Levi launches his body towards the secretary, "mmgh.. my girlfriend~" He rests all of his weight on her lazily since his knees almost give up. Luckily, (Y/n) was able to support his body even though he's really heavy. Despite being short, lean, and looking a bit skinny, Levi stores a lot of muscles underneath his small figure.

To her luck, she spotted a nearby bench, a perfect spot to place the drunken man.

With a lot of effort, (Y/n) manages to make Levi sit down on the bench before she plops down beside him. She fishes out her phone.

"Uh, hey Reiner. Sorry for calling you at this hour, but I have a favor to ask."

She gives Levi a side glance to make sure he's still there, "yes. We're at the Trost center intersection. Please come quick." With that, (Y/n) ended the call.

"Sir, why did you have to drink so much when you can't handle alcohol huh ?"

Silence..

Oh well, Levi already dozed off beside her with his head hanging low and his eyelids half opened, "(Y/n), I.. I love you. I really do love you, a lot." He slurred, "to be honest.. When I met you again, 9 years ago.. I was really happy. Though you didn't recognize me, still, I was happy.. Perhaps.. It has been since then.. That I.. Fell in love with you."

"I.. I'm going to make you happy forever. And I'm going to be happy forever, thanks to you."

His hand reaches out to caress her cheek, "I love you, (Y/n) (L/n)." He declared.

With that, Levi couldn't handle the dizzy feeling, thus his head fell into the crook of her neck unconsciously. It is safe to say that he's fully passed out. The feeling of his hot breath fanning her neck makes (Y/n) squirm, yet she's afraid to wake him by accident, so she stays still. Providing the warmth that Levi needs while waiting for Reiner to pick them up.

----- THE NEXT DAY -----

Levi groans as he clutched his stomach on the sofa.

Earlier, he made himself a cup of black tea in hopes that it would die down the nauseous feeling. But nothing changes. Levi wants to punch himself for getting drunk last night, and now he's suffering alone in his private office like an idiot in the morning.

But then a certain secretary enters his office just in time to save the day.

With a tray in her hands, (Y/n) made her way towards Levi and sat across from him, placing the tray on the table in the middle, "have some pollack soup, I made some for you, sir." She smiles sarcastically before pushing the tray towards him.

"How's your father ?"

(Y/n) sends him a fiery look that resembles an angry cat, yet, she's smiling, "my dad is doing fine, unlike you who's suffering from a hangover." He could almost hear the secretary hissing madly.

"Oi brat, what's with that attitude of yours huh ?" He squinted his eyes at (Y/n).

"Sir, I swear, must I remind you about your drunk ramblings from last night-"

"Tch, there's no such thing as drunk ramblings from me. I'd never do that kind of shit. After all, if I did, those were my perfectly calculated actions to reveal my weak side to you, (Y/n)."

The woman scoffed, "still, you should've watched yourself. Don't drink until you pass out like there's no tomorrow. I mean, you're the CEO of the company ! Your health is number one priority !"

"Before being a CEO, I'm the future husband of a woman in front of me, aren't I ? So of course I should listen to your father." He retorted

(Y/n) groans in defeat before slouching on the sofa. But then the scary look on her face is replaced by a soft one, "by the way, what were you two talking about ? For a guy's talk, you two sure took a long time to talk."

"Me and your father talked shit about you."

"What the fu-"

The vice president smirks while rolling his eyes, "of course not, brat. It's a secret."