Chap 8; Saved

"if only they knew"

☁️🌥⛅️🌤☀️🌤⛅️🌥☁️

⚠️ murder, death, blood ⚠️

"Hey! Let her go!"

Delilah feels like crying and laughing and screaming at the same time. The dirt is soft against her shoes, the sky is clear and the birds are singing. It would be such a beautiful day if it weren't for these special circumstances. Delilah digs her nails into her palms, feels the way the vampires grip loosens around her arm and blood drips from the wound left by his nails. She steps back immediately, tears still running down her cheeks, breath shaky and uneven, eyes fixated on whoever had just shifted the vampires attention from her.

"Step away from her, or I'll report you to the pack in charge of the land"

Delilah feels a little dizzy from fear, but she can clearly see that it's a tall woman standing a few steps away from them, by two large trees.

She's dressed in cream colored dress pants, a gray cloak and white t-shirt underneath. The hood lays over her back instead of over her head, so Delilah can see her grayish blond hair and sharp gray eyes. Her skin looks a little dirty from traveling much, her hands rough from working and climbing trees. Despite the full clothed body, the angel can see that she has defined muscles and a very tall frame, about the same height as the vampires, if not even taller.

Even though Delilah is a little panicked, she still manages to be confused about what creature the woman is. The vampires scowl at being interrupted, but the woman doesn't seem to flinch or care. She has a sword in her belt, one of shifter mountain material, making it a dark gray. At first glance she seems like a shifter woman, an alpha, someone strong who takes care of the pack. But shifters have strong scents, this woman doesn't. Not to mention the woman's gray eyes, if she were an alpha her eyes would be red. It doesn't make sense.

It takes awhile for Delilah's brain to figure it out.

Not a vampire, that's for sure. There are no fangs or red features. She's not a witch, she's not wearing their traditional dress nor does she act or look like one. A demon is possible, Delilah figures that the woman is a demon and settles it at that. But as she walks closer to them, the vampires taking a protective stand, all four of them, including the vampires, realize that she doesn't smell like a demon, nor does she exactly look like any demon they have ever seen. Then it finally clicks, she's a human. Delilah almost facepalms, her heart drops to her stomach in dread, and the vampires smirk widely.

Of course she's a human woman, someone weak like her, only brought more trouble over their heads. Sure the human looks strong and tall and brave, but without powers Delilah knows she can't do anything to save her. Delilah feels more tears run down her cheeks, hugging her body closer as the vampires approach the human. She doesn't seem to budge, eyes only narrowing.

"And who are you to stop us?"

Delilah momentarily wonders if she could survive by making a run for it. Maybe she could open her wings again and fly. But would that be right? Delilah cruses her angel mentality. She can't even save herself if it means putting others in danger. Even if she managed to leave, the human would die and it would all be her fault. As an angel she could never live with that. Sighing out a shaky breath, Delilah stays put by the edge of the lake, watching cautiously at what's going down.