Chap 24; Bloodthirsty

"It smells like blood"

☁️🌥⛅️🌤☀️🌤⛅️🌥☁️

⚠️ Blood, violence, murder, death, held captive, choking, sick ⚠️

"Lets not make any hasty decisions"

"Then what do you propose we do instead? I'll go, nobody else has to find out"

"Send a small team first. If they don't succeed, you'll go, okay?"

"...fine"

"I can't believe it..."

Delilah, Acasea and Helga secretly smile at their fourth mate. After weeks, even months of walking through the forest, they have finally reached the sea. From here on out they'll be traveling along the blue waters, upwards towards the demon portal city. Their destination is only two days away.

It glimmers under the sun, the ocean stretching so far you can't see where it ends. Maarya has never seen anything like it. She has never seen the sea.

The seagulls sounding above them, flying through the clear blue sky. The clouds floating by and the wind refreshing against their hot skin. In the distance, dozens of boats and ships glide slowly over the high waves. The nature is different. Instead of tall trees with dark green moss, it's more rocky and bright. The leaves are light green and feel funny when they touch it, the berries are smaller and the wind smells like salt. There are less animals here, and more people. The villages seem to increase as they reach the coast.

Maarya looks over the open sea, the shining sun and the beautiful nature around them. She feels so free. Just like she wanted to feel back then. Back when she was locked in her room, studying, laying around or training. Back when all she knew were the green parks around the palace, the forest far in the distance and the light blue sky. Things are different now. Maarya has seen more of the world in three weeks than she has in all of her life.

Merchants travel with them along the road. They are carrying heavy bags or big wagons behind them, all with a set destination in mind. The four mates, Sun and Vorigan stay away from the supernaturals as much as they can, but Maarya finds it refreshing to see their faces sometimes. Soon this will all be behind them, only two days before they reach the demon dimension. What happens after that is both dangerous and unknown. Maarya looks behind her to see her mates.

Helga and Acasea have grown closer over the one week they have been traveling with Vorigan, after she transformed. They have been having deep conversations, probably about demon things, and then fought a lot. They act more like friends than mates, Maarya thinks. Maybe it's because it's still a little awkward and tense between them. Acasea and Helga are even more competitive and stubborn people than what Maarya and Acasea were. When they fight, it's usually to test their strength on each other. Tumbling around in the grass, throwing lazy remarks to insult each other and trying to hurt one another. It always ends with Delilah or Maarya pulling them away from each other, and then suddenly they are friends again.

Maarya doesn't understand it.

Delilah definitely doesn't understand it.

But like usual, they go with the flow. It's all one can do after everything that has happened.

Meanwhile, Sun and Vorigan have bonded over being the only two guys, and the only two without mates. They seem to get along easily, so the four others let them be. After Vorigan decided to join them, they were first suspicious of him. But he quickly explained where he is from, and that he is headed in the same direction. It would be dumb to separate.