Chap 42; Drunken nights

"Drunk demons are easy to fool"

☁️🌥⛅️🌤☀️🌤⛅️🌥☁️

⚠️ mentions of death, war, alcohol, mentions of murder, plans of death and murder ⚠️

"...And so I shot myself up from the wagon and flew through the forest"

Cheers and laughter is heard around the table. There is a wide, happy smile on Acasea's face. She wraps her arm around Delilah's smaller frame, the angel looking at her and laughing herself. Then the demon raises her glass, filled with whatever alcoholic drink they could find, and speaks with a loud, booming voice.

"Cheers to Delilah being the most awesome person in the world!"

The rest raise their glasses, some too drunk to notice that half of their beverage has spilled in the process. They cheer and drink up, Delilah doing so as well, but blushing on the same time. On the opposite side of the table sits Maarya and Helga, both occupied by either drinking, eating, laughing, cheering- or more recently, eating each other's faces off. A tipsy Helga and halfway drunk Maarya is a good combination, for mature activities. Otherwise the two would be too stuck up and proud to even begin.

Next to them are Vorigan and Geir, who are not much better. They stopped listening to most of their conversations about twenty minutes ago, when their kissing got sloppier and more intense. The both of them are drunk out of their minds, and after arguing all week, because of tension rooted in the war, they have enough pent up lust and love to keep going for the next five days. Gerbjörn has scooted next to Acasea, so he doesn't have to sit exactly opposite of his brother, and see the disgusting phenomenon of Geir and Vorigan sucking faces. Snow is the one who suffers now, sitting opposite of the two, and Sun has chosen to sit next to Delilah instead, much to his two mates despair and crying.

After the fight ended, earlier than what they had first expected, things moved pretty quickly. With no other leader, the demons and vampires fighting under the Earth clan decided to temporarily accept Helga's and Acasea's request for the throne. Of course the actual process of becoming a leader is much more complicated, and during times of war, after a long period of Azradan's rule, there is a lot of opposition. But for now, it's calm.

After discussing with Vivy and Cassy, along with some other shifter side leaders, Helga and Acasea issued their first order. All soldiers fighting under the Earth clan would join forces with the shifter dimensions side, and their goal would be to push back the angels for good. With their hate for the angels in general, the demons were not hard to convince. The rest of the day was spent moving the demon camp closer to the shifter one, and of course imprisoning high members of Azradan's court. Thousands of soldiers were sent to the clan itself, to seize the palace before someone could try to resist Helga's and Acasea's claim for the throne. Overall, it was a very busy and exhausting day.

When the war is over, Acasea and Helga, with the help of their mates, will be very busy fixing up matters in the Earth clan. Which is why they are trying not to think about it too much, and just focus on the present. There is so much they could be wrapped up in, dark thoughts. Helga could be absolutely lost in thought, about her father, about her family, about who she is and what it means for her future. In less than one day so much has changed, and there has been little sleep and food in between. But she doesn't think about it.

Acasea could be thinking about the fact that she just killed her own father, and became leader of the clan dozens of years in advance. She could be thinking about how her entire future is now upside down, and everything that she ever knew is now being questioned. Delilah could be thinking about the fact, that just on the other side of this forest, thousands of angels are just waiting to attack. She could think about how her sister is there, her brother is there. She could think about how uncertain and weird her future is. And Maarya, Maarya could think about all and everything in between. Her mates struggles, her friends struggles, the quickly changing pace in her life, the raging war. But not Helga, not Acasea, not Delilah nor Maarya think about it.