Chap 10; Trespass

"Oh how safe I feel, even though I definitely shouldn't"

☁️🌥⛅️🌤☀️🌤⛅️🌥☁️

The first time a supernatural speaks to their mate is special, romantic, filled with passion and love.

If one of the mates is submissive, they will be shy or in denial, some are esthetic and some awkward. But what makes them the same is their biological and godlike will to be with their mates and love them to all end.

If one of the mates is dominant, they will feel a strong urge to protect their mate. Usual feelings connected to a biological pairing that mates have is happiness, shock and pure and naive love. Not all mates are good for each other, but as their love is forced, it can never be questioned. Rejecting your mate can end in emotional numbness for months or even years, as well as a lack of affection for a long time to come.

One thing is clear though, each mate loves the other at first sight. They adore each other. They immediately push aside their differences and problems and hesitation, even dislike for each other and get along.

Maarya scowls at her mate.

She's not necessarily angry at this... Acasea, but the mutual disappointment is spiking her nerves and sending her emotions into overdrive.

One thing is for certain. The book she was forced to read about mates through boredom and shifting in her seat, was in fact, lying. Because there is no way she could ever get along with this demon. Maarya almost feels bad for going against a Goddess, but as the hotheaded supernatural that she is, she can't seem to care. The moongoddess has clearly made a mistake. Acasea and Maarya do not belong together, no matter which God tries to prove them otherwise.

The Moonwitch successfully dragged Acasea from the back garden, through the plants and the grass and the fountains and the sculptures, into the front garden and the exit of the palace far away in the distance. They are walking, practically stomping along the dirt path, no destination but trying to get somewhere peaceful enough to burst at each other. At first she only wanted to speak with the demon, but the longer time they spent walking, as the minutes passed by, the shock subsided and turned into a haywire of emotions. Most of those emotions were in fact, negative.

Maarya drags Acasea into a darker part of the garden, under the shade of a few trees and hidden from the curious eyes of servants and guards and possibly parents. They turn around and the moment Maarya sees the demons eyes, she can see how mad she is. No, she can't just see, but smell. The demon's scent reeks of anger and frustration and she clearly feels like her dominance is being questioned. They are such a weird and unconvincing couple, not suited for each other at all. They are both competitive, both highly dominant in their nature and possessive over their own strength and authority. As they are right now, there won't be room for the both of them, not as mates, and it's becoming more and more clear as the seconds pass.

"I can't believe I'm mates with you"

Acasea is the first one to say anything, and her words are filled with poison and anger and frustration. She speaks with a strict tone, trying to assert her dominance now that it's clearly being questioned. When Maarya quite obviously doesn't react nor cower, it only becomes more aggravating for the both of them. They aren't mad at each other, but since they can't direct their anger on anyone else they have no choice. Acasea sees Maarya as a threat and the Moonwitch sees the demon in the same way. It makes more anger build up and Maarya feels her hands clenching into fists and eyes darkening with that purple glow it always gets. She tries to remind herself to stay calm and not loose discipline, just to stay safe with her powers, but it's getting harder and harder.