Chap 11; Nauseous

"For better or worse"

☁️🌥⛅️🌤☀️🌤⛅️🌥☁️

"Helga, I don't feel too good..."

This morning is beautiful, no matter the circumstances.

For the past week, the sun had been hiding behind clouds and rain, leaving no room for warmth or light. The trees were dark and damp, the particular forest harsh and cold, despite their southern position. There wasn't much food to eat, all the animals were in hiding, no birds were singing.

But today is different. The birds are singing, the sun is shining and there is not a single cloud in sight. After traveling for a long time, the western forest of mixed trees has turned more one sided as they approached the east. Now the trees have big and luscious leaves, the flowers are colorful and the weather is warmer and dryer. They are approaching the shifter sea, a very popular destination for those who want to holiday. But that particular sea is still weeks away. For now they are inside a forest, as the locals call it, the southern Goddess forest, underneath the Goddess mountain range where they met.

The shifter sea is quite special, as it is the biggest sea in the dimension. It's stretches from the very south to the high north, divided in two parts. The southern part is called the south shifter sea, and it's smaller but warmer and more popular. The northern part is called the north shifter sea. On the southwest side of the sea is the Goddess mountain range, going all the way from the ancient forest with the loophole city, to the shifter sea. In the southern part of the sea is a huge island, which holds the biggest witch city around. On the southeast side of the shifter sea is a forest of leaf trees and green meadows, called the witch forest, much like everything else.

The northern part of the sea, which Helga and Delilah are not as interested in, also has a slightly smaller island. The island holds the water God's temple, a very famous site for shifters and humans alike. While there is not much on the northeast side, the northwest side of the sea has the Moonwitch forest and the moongoddess temple. The absolute north of the sea has the second mountain range, the Rocky Mountain range. Overall the sea is a famous place with a lot of people and things, including several loopholes, which is why they are headed there.

But today, as the sun is high upon the sky and the birds are singing, Delilah wakes up with a nauseating feeling in the southern Goddess forest. It's not a normal nauseating feeling, like she would need to puke. No it's something different. The angel sat up from the branch where she was laying, her wings providing support as she flies down from the tree. Helga is already on the ground, having just woken up, packing up their things. Everything would've been fine, just another day of walking further into the forest. But suddenly there is this odd feeling in Delilah's stomach that has her doubling over in confusion and discomfort.

Could it be the food? As she mentions her discomfort to the human, Helga is immediately on her feet in worry. Everyone knows that angels rarely get sick, maybe once every fifty years. Their immune system is strong and their magic pushes down most diseases, another gift from the God of light. But now Delilah looks sick, like really sick, and Helga starts to worry. She worries so much, crouches down to hold her palm against the girls forehead and is she hallucinating? Because suddenly she too feels a little nauseous, but not enough to be mentioned. Not as much as Delilah, and suddenly Helga wonders if it's because she's a human and Delilah is an angel.

"Is it really bad? Where does it hurt?"

Delilah sighs out a shaky breath. As a supernatural, she knows a thing or two about different reactions to different things. Things like mates. And for the past few days, this weird feeling that maybe her mate is near, or maybe she has met her mate is growing stronger. Now it's definitely strong, it can't be any disease, this has to be something about her mate. It doesn't feel like what it's supposed to, she feels like there is something wrong. Something is different.