Chap 31; Red flame fruits

"Us omegas always know better, but nobody ever listens"

☁️🌥⛅️🌤☀️🌤⛅️🌥☁️

⚠️ violence, death, crying, abandonment, murder, blood, war, wounds, bruises ⚠️

Sun curls in on himself.

Heartbreaking cries echo through the forest. They are sad and strong, and no matter how he twists and turns, he can't stop listening to them. Rain is falling down rapidly, but not even the sound of water hitting the ground can block out the cries. Around him, the cold night shows it's evil face and Sun shudders. He hates this. Tears fall down his cheeks, and he holds back his own cries. They are nothing compared to the demon and the Moonwitch, he can't even bring himself to imagine what it must be like for the two.

It's the night Acasea and Delilah are gone, the first night as seven instead of nine.

Next to him, Gerbjörn and Snow are pretending to sleep. Both have frowns on their faces, and their irregular breathing shows that they are in fact awake. Everyone is awake. All evening they pretended that everything was fine, that Delilah wasn't kidnapped and that Acasea didn't just leave them all. But it couldn't hide the absolute horror and pain in Maarya's eyes, or the anger and sorrow in Helga's. It couldn't hide the tear tracks on all their faces, or the blood on their clothes, or the fact that a deadly silence stood above them. Sun wanted it all to be a bad dream, but it wasn't.

Now it's night. Sun closes his eyes again and rocks himself to sleep. It doesn't work.

Geir pulls the hood of his cloak further over his head, covering his brown hair and red eyes. He shudders, avoiding the gazes of the curious warriors roaming through the city. The only safety they have is Helga and Vorigan, who are leading the shifters and witches and Moonwitch of their group with clenched jaws and hawk eyes. The rain is still falling down rapidly, and it's probably the only reason they are still safe. Clouds cover the sun and each supernatural is confused, most haven't slept for over twenty four hours now.

Sun is shivering like a leaf. His cloak is drenched in rainwater like everyone else's, but it's the fear that is really getting to him. Gerbjörn and Snow try their best to calm him down while still staying hidden under their hoods. If they act too suspicious, the warriors around them will attack, like they did to everyone else acting about in the open. Maarya and Helga have both stayed quiet, not a single sound has left their lips during the two day period they have been hiding and suffering. Vorigan is great at acting, he has managed to keep them all safe.

How and what has happened is still a little unclear and blurry.

On the day of the attack, Helga and Maarya completely broke down. The rest stayed there with them, trying to hide their own tears as the two cried all night. Their sobs echoed in the night, sounds of pure sorrow and loss, pain and abandonment. Sun doesn't think that he will ever forget it. Those heart breaking sounds will haunt him forever, when the nights get dark and the skies gray.

In the morning, the two were silent and numb, like two ghosts with nothing to live for. It was still raining, the ground wet and damp as they walked towards the demon portal city again. Gerbjörn insisted that everyone would return to his home in the Goddess pack, where they would be safe again.

Of course, fate was not on their side.

Sun was out buying things for their trip that same evening. The rest were resting in a nice guest house, waiting for the next early morning to leave again. The witch was noticeably exhausted and sad, not looking at anyone or smiling. He didn't want to travel again, he didn't want to continue through the shifter dimension. This time they would only have to travel west, as both they and the Goddess pack are above the Goddess mountains. His legs were sore and eyes puffy from crying so much during the night, and very time he blinked the happenings from the day before flashed in front of his eyes. Every time he would flinch and stray tears fall down his cheeks.