Chap 21; Cursed and bleeding

"Wow I'm a terrible sister"

☁️🌥⛅️🌤☀️🌤⛅️🌥☁️

⚠️ blood, mentions of violence, threats ⚠️

"Your highness?"

Aarin is a very patient first princess.

Most of the time.

She smiles ever so beautifully, she fights gracefully and always stays strict and disciplined. She prefers long white dresses with see-through pink layers and flower patterns. She likes small golden tiaras, earrings and jewelry. Rings, necklaces, bracelets and other small accessories are her favorite. Aarin often wears small diamonds under or next to her eyes, and they match her rosy cheeks and sparkling eyes. She is often described as the most beautiful, elegant and perfect princess at the palace.

But even the ones who are the most perfect have glaring flaws.

Aarin's biggest flaw is how she treats her sister. But she isn't a bad person. Just ignorant, busy and unable or unwilling to see her mistakes. Over a month after Delilah has disappeared, nobody has yet noticed. Maybe a guard or a maid did, but they didn't dare to bring it up with one of the royals. Today that is all going to change. Would Delilah have stayed if she knew what her disappearance would end up to be? Probably not.

"What is it? I'm am very busy with the spring festival"

The maid is sweating. She's not just any maid.

Each palace at the royal angel courts have their own set of maids and guards. At the palace of beauty, the maids wear light pink dresses with pink bandanas in their hair. The guards have light pink and white uniforms that match their angelic swords of white and gold. Each servant who works at the palace of beauty is a woman, because only women have been allowed to walk these grounds for centuries. Before the crown princess married crown prince Arael, she also lived here with the other princesses, Delilah, Aarin, Lavina and Suriel. Now it's just the four blood princesses, with the recent change of a missing Delilah.

The maid is the maid of the house, the highest rank a maid can get inside a palace. There is only one rank higher than hers in the maid occupation, and that is highest maid of the courts. The boss of all maids.

"Her highness Delilah hasn't done any of her work this month, I just checked the storage"
The angel says while bowing down.

Aarin remembers slapping her sister for lazing off last month, and stands up angrily from her chair. A light breeze flows through the open walls and shakes the white curtains, the smell of roses and other flowers filling the air. But the beautiful and calm weather does nothing to stop the older sisters rage. She storms out of the room, snapping her fingers to make sure that the maid of the house and her entourage follows through the marble hallways. They startle and rush after the angry princess, four guards and eight maids included. By the look on Aarin's face, they know exactly where they are headed.

Passing white marble statues, long open hallways and beautiful and well kept gardens, Aarin rushes through the palace of beauty. She passes Suriel's and Lavina's quarters, the guards by their doors straightening up and the maids scurrying away at the sight of the raging princess. After a whole five minutes of walking, they reach the furthest end of the palace. For some reason it looks darker than before. Oddly enough, the door to the last princesses quarters is closed despite the open hallways. There is only one guard by the door, and he bows down immediately when he sees the big entourage coming.