Chap 46; Intertwined

"Say hi to our brother for me"

☁️🌥⛅️🌤☀️🌤⛅️🌥☁️

⚠️ murder, wounds, blood, violence, war, scar, pain, death, manipulation, swearing ⚠️

"Thank you for your help leader! I could've died out there"

He gets a strict nod in response,

"Yes you could've, that's why I'm here though. Good work today"

Their short, yet sweet interaction, is over as soon as it started. Acasea looks around the battlefield. Many angels have retreated, but most of them lay dead on the ground. It took quite a while, but somehow, they managed to defeat the angels, and by a lot.

It came as a surprise for everyone. This was supposed to be their hardest battle yet, but they still managed to defeat the angels with ease. Their corpses now lay by their feet, and Acasea has killed a big portion of them. She guesses it's because of how many people fought for the shifter side. It's the first time in centuries that the shifters, witches, Moonwitches, demons and vampires have all come together to fight against one common enemy, usually they just fight each other. The combination of so many legendary, almighty heroes and warriors together with many disciplined, motivated and talented soldiers really did end up making a big difference.

The angels fighting for conquest is not the same thing as the shifters and their allies fighting to preserve their home. Their motivation and talent have brought them here, and years of experience with war and battle. The angels have been hidden away for centuries after all. They don't know anything about the many great wars over time in the rest of the world. So Acasea can stand proudly over the mostly calm battlefield. Only a few angels are gathering here and there to put up a fight, but most of them are just trying to escape the field. The only battle that is left is the one between Aarin's main troops and Helga's team. They are further in the battlefield though, and Acasea can't see them.

She wonders who is winning. Aarin's backup must be declining as the shifter side has practically won already. But they need to kill Aarin, and she must be a hard one to defeat. Acasea knows that she promised to stick to her own side, lead her troops and soldiers, let Helga handle it. But she feels anxious just standing around and checking up on her soldiers. Anxious and nervous, wanting to know what is going on and help her mate. And it doesn't take long until her mind begins to convince herself why she should go.

Helga could be loosing, she could be in danger.

What if Helga gets kidnapped and not killed? She won't know until much later.

What if Aarin's backup ends up harming her friends, and they die?

So after only a few minutes, the demon starts running towards the fight. She just can't stand around anymore. She has to help her mate. She has to see Aarin die.

Aarin laughs.

Delilah frowns.

In front of her stands her own sister, a person she has grown up with, lived with, learned from, a person she has hated for many years. Aarin, not only the one who made her life the most miserable, but also the one who kidnapped her and ripped her away from her mates. Delilah stands just a few steps away from the one person she wants to kill the most.