Chap 17; Anger

"I will never cower to a supernatural"

☁️🌥⛅️🌤☀️🌤⛅️🌥☁️

"I'm sorry, but it's the only way. Your father can't know about you, he would hate you like he hates me"

Helga opens her eyes with panic already rushing through her veins. Is she dead?

There is a bright light above her head and she squints, trying to find anything beyond the white that surrounds her. She feels, slowly but surely, a terrible pain in her body. Her arms feel like they are on fire, it feels just like after she has finished a shift at the restaurant, spending hours on end in their cold basement washing dishes until her fingers bled. It feels just like then, except slightly warmer, and maybe even worse.

"Helga!"

It takes a certain angels voice for Helga to realize that she is not dead. The bright light above her turns out to be the blue sky, white clouds floating by and green leaves fluttering. She is laying on something quite soft, and the smell of grass and plants fills up in her nose. The human groans, doesn't want to be alive with the pain that she is feeling. Suddenly there is a face in front of her, pastel blue hair and blue eyes, a long white dress and that's all it takes for Helga to recognize her as an angel. As the angel Delilah.

"Del"
Helga croaks out with her usual voice, wanting to calm the angel who seems more than just worried. Helga remembers what happened, they were kidnapped and her blood was drained, so where are they now? How did Delilah manage to escape with her? What happened? The burning in her arm must be from the many cuts by the knife, Helga shudders as she thinks about it, and she must have passed out because of all the blood that was drained. But that was supposed to be the end? How are they not dead? Why are they still in the shifter dimensions forest?

"Helga! You're awake!"

Helga sees the angels face brighten up, her voice filled with relief, and happiness. The gray blond haired girl smiles too, she thinks Delilah's smile is too beautiful for her own good. She sits up slightly, ignoring the angels protests and glances down at her arm. White bandages surround her skin, hiding what seems to be deep cuts, and the material is already staining in red. Helga grimaces but knows that she has to shrug it away, at least she didn't die. Delilah scoots closer to her.

"We're safe now Helga! They killed them all"

Helga looks at Delilah with her face morphed into confusion. Her vision is still a little blurry, she can only focus on the angels face.

"Who?"

The angel realizes that Helga must not remember what happened, or then she was already asleep at that point. She bites her lip and glances at her new mates, the Moonwitch and the demon standing by the blanket with crossed arms and serious faces. They look intimidating to say the least, and somehow Delilah can already tell that Helga won't like them. The Moonwitch seems more reckless than other Moonwitches, she is tall and strong just like Helga, and the demon seems almost evil with her devious eyes and bloody swords. Delilah feels anxious as she thinks about Helga's reaction, and approaches the matter carefully.

"Uhm, they did"

With a slightly shaky finger, Delilah points towards her mates. Helga slowly twists her head to see who she is talking about. The first thing she sees is two intimidating supernaturals, one of them being a demon, and immediately she grows to be on her guard. The demon has long black hair. The hair is straight but slightly messy, and it brings out her sharp face and deep black eyes. She seems to look at Helga with a judging and suspicious gaze, her arms crossed over her chest. She is dressed in a linen white shirt that is very open in the front, black leather pants and thick black boots. She has a black belt around her waist, holding two Krystal swords. The demon is tall and has wide shoulders, her arms muscular and whole figure intimidating. Helga decides right then and there that she doesn't like her.